TN: 2018 Desire Lines Carignan Evangelho

• 2018 Desire Lines Carignan Evangelho - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Contra Costa County (9/24/2020)
    Just to start out, Evangelho is my personal favorite of the old vines sites in California. There’s something about the wines that come from it that reaches deep into what’s left of my soul. Normally I find a sappy depth to the wines, but this one was different. This one showed a brightness, a lift that made me sit up and take notice rather than just revel in the texture. It still showed all the red fruit character, but it was accented by citrus zest. This made it more animated rather than contemplative. A different side of Evangelho. It was just as interesting, but felt like looking through a different lens. I suspect the dominant Carignan did that, and I liked the result.

Posted from CellarTracker

I tasted the '17 tonight. Red fruit deliciousness. I need to show some restraint with my '18s and upcoming '19s. Not sure I have the willpower!

Great note! I just picked up a few of the 2019 from the fall release.

Love these Contra Costa (and Desire Lines) notes!!

I only had one bottle, so figured no time like the present. I bought four of the 2019, so I can age a few.