Keller, Shaefer, Mousse, Marguet, Grünhaus, Magdelaine, Sociando.....

We had a fantastic Friday evening. All wines were great, some even brilliant
The program:
2004 Hubacker Spätlese Keller In a very good spot now
2011 GH Spätlese Willi Shaefer I loved more than other 2011 Spätlese I have had
2019 GD Kabinett Willi Shaefer Showed the greatness of the vintage (and pedigree off course)
Deg 2019 L’Extra Or Mousse et Fils House bubbles
2015 Les Vignes d’Autrefois Lahertes Great Pinot Meunier
2014 Le Parc Marguet Again it was shining. Love it, despite the young age. Will cellar the rest
2005 Abstberg Spätlese Trocken Maximin Grünhaus Unknown provenance. A bit off
2005 Herrenberg Spätlese Trocken Maximin Grünhaus Great
1998 Abstberg Kabinett Halbtrocken Maximin Grünhaus Fantastic. Again the cheapest wine kind of stole the show. Color, bouquet and taste as if it was from 2018. Look at the pic
1979 Magdelaine. The best of the 3 Bordeaux IMO, despite the troublesome year
1988 Sociando Fine Sociando, but inferior to other 1988 drank on previous occasions
1996 BAMA Is going strong. Benchmark Margaux. The Magdelaine was more impressive this evening
2008 Gevrey Chambertin VV Fourrier On the curve up to peak. Could drink it every day
2008 Murgers H-N A notch up in quality
2005 Latriciere Chambertin Drouhin Laroze Too early off course. Great wine
2005 Combottes Rossignol Trapet Too early, but a great pleasure to drink, IMO
2007 Tritttenheimer Apotheke Auslese Clüsserath Class
2004 Haardter Bürgergarten Auslese Müller Catoir Oily and fantastic Trinkvergnügen

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFmDADknutb/?igshid=1o7r9mw5oahey

A nice set. I think von Schubert was in a real groove from ‘93 to ‘98 coming out of very strong work in the ‘80s and ‘90, and it’s showing now.

I’ve had luck with ‘79 Bordeaux although I’ve never done a comprehensive type tasting. Especially Right Bank.

Can you tell me your view on Rossignol Trapet? I don’t know this grower except the prior familial connection to Trapet, whose wines I have enjoyed. But I am seeing the wines come up for sale.

Great notes. Thank you. That 98 von Schubert sound magical!

Yes. Still magical tonight

I have only tried Combottes, Latricieres and Chambertin, all very young. They were very promising, especially Chambertin

Dayum, quite a night! Amongst my three favorite Bordeaux. Claus always drinks well!

Funny side note, my iPad autocorrect changed “Dayum” to “Caymus”. No bueno . . . .

Hey Claus, what brand stem is that in the bottom pic?

Zalto White Wine

Figured you would chime in on that list of wines. Some of my favorites in terms of Pradikats, too!

Great list Claus!

Thank you for the great notes Claus. You hit on many of my sweet spots with this tasting.

Good to hear the 98 von Schubert is doing well. It was a tricky vintage for some I have found over time, but von Schubert and Muller-Catoir were real magic-makers that year. You are making me want to pull some corks and check in.

I would add Egon Müller to the list, based on the performance of my last bottle of the 1998 Kabinett a couple of years ago.

1979 was my first introduction to Bordeaux, and one that I have a serious affection for. Totally underrated at the time, the wines proved long lasting and delicious, but even the best of them are beginning to fade, so good to read your note on Magdelaine.

[cheers.gif]

This one is great too

Btw had to reorganise one Bordeaux shelf in order to fin the Magdelaine
Magdelaine in front on top, Sociando at wall
20200924_155952.jpg

The wines of both Trapet and Rossignol-Trapet are outstanding. The advantage of the wines of Rossignol-Trapet is that they generally are cheaper. I have had wines of Rossignol-Trapet back to 1998 and the wines age very well.

Thanks Howard
Good to know