wood boxes-what to do?

so after decades of collecting i’ve still got a lot of boxes i just couldn’t toss.
i still don’t know what to do with them.
what do you folks do?
i was going to line a wall with them. build a bar. lots of things that never did and never will happen.
firewood?

Yup!

1 Like

They make outstanding kindling. But you have to account for the nails if you are going to use the ash in your compost.

Vinyl storage. Sadly, this box didn‘t come with wine.
33C76F5B-02FE-46FF-8B85-3DE3B3938F78.jpeg

Thread drift, but what OWC can you just not bear to throw away/firewood/etc.? For me, these have just become part of my office decor:

• Next Of Kyn
  • Bond
  • M. Etain
  • Third Twin

And then there was the OWC for Fairchild’s Stones No. 1 - that box was built like a piece of furniture.

Make a treehouse
Make a doghouse
Board breaking Martial arts demonstration
Just recycle
Firewood

We use every one. Almost all of our under and above cabinet storage is wine boxes. I use them extensively in the greenhouse and garden. Great for potting and re-potting activities. In the garage I must have 15 12-btl OWC boxes I use for parts and storage. My wife seems to find a use for every one, no matter how many we have accumulated.

thanks kelly
sounds like a perfect solution [cheers.gif]

Not cases, but I was saving bottles for similar stuff. Had like 200 of them thinking I’d do a retaining wall or decorative wall/ceiling indoors. Never happened. Didn’t help that they kept threatening to stop recycling them, but they just piled up.

Now I’m just saving the “wall of fame” ones and making occasional crafts from them (candles, drinking glasses, small lamp) but am recycling them a dozen or so a week.

The owner of my local wine shop used all his cases to be stair risers and wall decor when he built his new shop. Turned out pretty nice.

Gender-reveal bonfire of the vanities.

We made bird houses out of three of them.

Bar

Very nice.

Except for the Penguins stickers :slight_smile:

If you have any left, be sure to cover that Steeler’s logo neener

Store, uh, Wine in them?
Build chicken coop.
Make a plank road.
Line them to make little raised bed gardens for a high-rise apartment.
Patch the holes in your siding.

Well, I don’t know where you li, bveut you can always offer them on freecycle or the free section of craigslist. People always want them.

or just sit them out front of your house as an offering to the city gods. They usually disappear.

Mark,

You’re on LI right?

Wood boxes are not quite as ubiquitous as they once were. Especially if you have ‘keepers’ you could easily sell them on Craigslist. 1st Growths, cults and other ‘top’ wines could fetch $25per or more.

It makes a lot of neighbors’ heads explode. champagne.gif

That was our experience. A lot of wine shops don’t want to deal with the boxes. I even contacted MacArthurs in DC and they just toss them out every Monday and people are free to go get them.