TN: 2010 Ulysse Collin Champagne Les Pierrières (France, Champagne)

• 2010 Ulysse Collin Champagne Les Pierrières - France, Champagne (10/1/2020)
    The fruit flesh has finally been released from the Kraken! 5yrs ago this sucker was INTENSE! Needed a day decant to enjoy anything other than the intense lemon sour pucker of acidity. Absolute BOSS tonight! Lot 10, dg 3/14 with a 2010 base…still an attention getting freshness of lemon, grapefruit, and gingery acidity…yet not face melting…cleanses the palate, and shows more flesh of apricot, green apple, peach skin. Wonderful subtle aged nuances of honey butter, lees, vanilla bean, candied nuts…crisp and CUT…Puligny-like laser focus…crushed rocks and chalky minerality…mouth coating marsala creme mousse…finishes floral, persistent, and a slap to the face(the good kind) from that acid making it known who is still the Boss! Love this!!! (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Btw…for you bubble-heads…going to Passionfish for dinner tomorrow night, and trying to decide on the bubbles between these two…

Ulysse Collin, ‘Les Maillons’, Vallée de la Marne, Extra Brut NV [cuvée ’15] 103
Roses de Jeanne, ‘La Bolorée’, Blanc de Blancs, Aube ‘12 163

I’m leaning towards the Cedric Bouchard as I’m much deprived of his wines…but after this killer Ulysse i’m rethinking?

Or am I missing something?
https://www.passionfish.net/wine champagne.gif

Both

The Collin, along with Billecart-Salmon Rosé, is sort of the house champagne over here, both Les Perrières and Les Maillons (BdN). Closest I can get to Selosse at a price point I can consistently afford. That said, I have been drinking the 12 base, which is really fun, so maybe the '15 needs more time?

P. S. Love Passionfish, jealous.