TN: 2017 Domaine Leflaive Puligny-Montrachet

This is brilliant, even at a young age. Gorgeous smoky steeliness on the nose with crème brûlée and yellow apples. It drinks beautiful and harmonious with a weight and presence that is somehow perfectly aligned with an intrinsic spine of lift and energy that just glides across the palate. A profound, stony finish. There’s a ton of room for development but the energy and vibrancy of a wine like this in its youth make me happy to have caught it now. Just feeling a deep sense of gratitude for the opportunity to drink it.

This has been a trying time for all of us, and I’m just happy to have shared a bottle like this with a good friend in the spirit of generosity and community that has been in too-short supply lately. If there was ever a moment to have one’s first Leflaive, this was it.

I love this for so many reasons. Great note. Even better sentiment. And better still, I have a couple magnums of this ready for the appropriate occasion.

Great sentiments Sean, I’m delighted you had a great time with the wine. The only downside is you’re going to want to scratch that itch again… and then with the Combettes… and then the Pucelles… :wink:!

Thanks for the note. I certainly didn’t get the warm fuzzies you got when I tried it back in May. It was very backwards and unyielding.

Both the wine and the sentiment were deeply felt! Your wine is gonna be fantastic and will make the occasion.

The place we went had one of the 1ers as well and after drinking this one I honestly can’t believe there’s enough headroom for improvement. Only one way to find out [wink.gif]

Damn! This felt really generous and inviting and aside from a really attractive reductive quality it seemed very open and giving.