2018 Sauzet

Just picked up a small offering of 2018 Sauzet GCs and 1er. Got just a 3 pack of Monty, Chevy, Batard and BBM and a case of Champs and Combettes. Much smaller than I hoped for as I heard production was down 30-50% in 2018 over 2017.

Anyone tasted? Anyone confirm the lower production theory?

Nobody has any info on these?

Sauzet has been a no buy for so long, I don’t think I have had one in over a decade.

I’ll happily try one with you and give you my opinion, especially Chevy and BBM!

price = pass
Last Sauzet I bought was 2010 Montrachet. Too bad, as they’ve done well recently w premox and have a Great stable of wines.

This is definitely not the case!

Andrew’s white burgundy buying habits remind me of what I used to buy back in 2005-2009 :sweat_smile:

“Lower Production” is unlikely to be meaningful / true across the board - especially with Montrachet and Chevalier being negoc wines rather than domaine. I stopped buying the GCs, particularly given Combettes is often just as good IMHO. I haven’t tried any of the 2018s and probably won’t for at least 6 years.

I thought 620€ for Monty wasn’t too bad.

Had an 18 Garenne Saturday. A bit flabby and unfocused but nice fruit on the attack and mid palate.

Friends,

Sauzet is always top-notch. Had a few probblems with the 96’s (as was the case with many white Burgundies) but normally always a treat to drink. Gerard Boudot is also a very friendly guy who is always very instructive on his wines and their terroirs. Love to visit. Never been disappointed (-the 96’s) and I buy everything from Puligny village up to the mighty MONTRACHET. My personal favorites are the BATARD and COMBETTES however.

SINCERLY JOHAN

I loved their wines back in the 90s until they got hit hard by premox; even then, the sound bottles Were terrific.

Responding to the OP, have checked back and Sauzet’s production was unusually low in 2017 (mostly around35-40hl/ha, with some vineyards as low as 30) and much higher in 2018 (Volumes are similar to 2009, inside the permitted yields, i.e 50 hl/ha+.) This may not be replicated in your source’s own allocation possibly.