TN: 2007 Domaine Bruno Clair Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Clos du Fonteny

• 2007 Domaine Bruno Clair Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Clos du Fonteny - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru (10/4/2020)
    Some smoked meat and plenty of earth on the nose. It is just taking on some decaying leaf development. The cherry fruit has a medicinal quality, in a nice way. There are florals and the palate is relatively lean without a huge amount of mid-palate flesh. It is quite a pleasant drink and in a good place right now.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note. I don’t see a lot of people talk about Clair on here but I think the wines are wonderful.

Yep. Beautifully made wines up and down the range from excellent vineyards. My pet favorite is the ‘Cazetiers.’ And two of the villages—Chambolle ‘Veroilles’ and Vosne ‘Champs Perdrix’—are two of my favorite village-level wines in all Burgundy. And the Savigny ‘Dominode’ might be the best Savigny outside of Leroy’s stratospherically priced version. He’s even the standard-bearer of Marsannay!

Don’t forget their Marsannay Rosé. It ages particularly well. The 2013 is a wonderful drink now.

Jeremy, thanks for the report. I have some 07 CSJ, and some SLB Dominode that I have been waiting a bit on.