Few TNs: Drouhin, Jouan, Mugneret

A brace of 17s: the first two I have in case quantity after the discussion with Sarah K

2017 Drouhin Chorey Les Beaune

Serious wine for the level with pure dark fruits, nice acidity, and a long finish. More complexity and aging potential than expected.

2017 Jouan Coteaux Bourgignons

Actually pretty tight on opening. Lovely super pure fruits with ample acidity and sappiness on the palate. Beautiful finish after some time open.

2017 Gerard Mugneret VR Precolombiere

Lovely and accessible atm with vosne spice, lovely palate presence, and surprising persistence on the finish. Went back for more. Perhaps not quite the equal of the lovely MG version but great at ~80

Which two are the brace? [wink.gif]

I love Gerard Mugneret but haven’t tried any 17s yet.

I love that Jouan. Ridiculous for the money

That Drouhin Chorey was delicious indeed. I thought, like you, that it was great now and could go the distance if you wanted.

The Drouhin Chorey is always an ager. A terrific and consistent wine. These 3 sound great. Thanks for these notes.

How exciting that someone actually listened! :slight_smile: Great choices. I hope they will give you pleasure for many years to come.

Hope so, I’ll probably leave these for awhile before opening the next bottle. I have a case of 17 barthod Bourgogne too; I’ll open one in the next couple days, then let the rest sit.