TN: 2017 Claudine Deux, Yountville

I missed the original offer from Claudine Wines, so I ordered 2 Cabs and 2 Bordeaux blends to take advantage of the $50 off for first customers.

Today, I opened the Bordeaux blend, which goes for $32. No decant, just pop and pour. The wine is simply fantastic, full of dark fruit, but not over the top. Tannins are present, but not bitter, they just give the wine some backbone. Long lasting finish. Really terrific wine.

Can’t wait to try their Cabernet.

Otto, I have had four of the Claudine wines and the Deux is my favorite. Delicious and a great value.

Otto / Ray,

Thank you for the kind words! My go-to wines right now are the Deux and the 2016 Russian River Syrah. As the temps cool down, those are perfect fire pit wines!

Opened a bottle of this tonight with family.

Dark fruits on the noise. Medium full body, tannins are there but not overly grippy. Think this wine has more “earthy/oaky” notes than fruit notes. Got some sweet tobacco and maybe some vanilla on the finish.

This is certainly a high quality wine and I think it will last some time in the cellar. Admittedly, it wasn’t the right wine for my palate. I think I’m more of a Malbec/cab sauv kind of guy, more along the lines of fruit forward and new world. I might be wrong (still a wine novice), but this wine tasted more “old world” to me. Not my favorite but if that’s your palate then I certainly recommend it.

Excited to try the other wines!