RIP Lulu Peyraud

Seeing reports that Lulu Peyraud has passed. Will be opening a bottle of Tempier tonight to toast her memory.

[cry.gif] [cheers.gif] [cry.gif]

i have a nice 375 of 13 bandol that should be drinking well… rip

Let’s hope we all live to 103!

One of the great honors of my life was getting to meet her and have lunch at the winer back in 2008. It was an amazing lunch, and the pictures of the lamb that ladies were cooking hangs in my own kitchen today. I had her sign my copy of her cookbook. She said red wine, and swimming in the Mediterranean everyday were the secrets of her living so long. Last I heard in 2017, she was still doing both.

Loved reading about her in Kermit Lynch’s book and we all should be celebrating in her memory and hoping that we not only live as long as her, but live as good of a life as she has.

Ditto!

is the Bedrock “ode to Lulu” made in her memory? We could certainly drink one of those today! Still warm enough here in Manhattan Beach for rose.

Yes! Not in her memory until now, but named to pay homage to her.

2020, RIP

Just remembering back to the first time I tasted a Tempier wine. It was thirty years ago at Chez Panisse paired with bouillabaisse, and I was in heaven. Shortly after I read the cookbook Richard Olney did with her. Worth seeking out. Rest In Peace Lulu.

Same here. To Lulu! [cheers.gif]

RIP.

Just so happens that I have 6 bottles of ‘16 Rose and 24x halves of ‘15 Bandol waiting to clear custom this week, hopefully will be delivered this week.

Lucky bastard! I was supposed to go there for lunch with Claude Kolm in 1992(?). Richard Olney and Kermit Lynch were going to be there, too. But I got a nasty case of food poisoning from some mushrooms on a cutlet in Beaujolais and was indisposed, as they say. One of the great regrets of my life.

I did finally make a pilgrimage in 2017, and was hosted to Veronique, who said her mother, who was then 100, was in the backroom. Lulu was such a legend, thanks to Olney and Lynch! Sad to hear she’s gone.

One of my great mistakes in wine buying was not laying away Tempier for a couple of decades up to 2005.

Ian, you mean this one? I was lucky enough to visit 3 times on the Kermit Lynch buying trip…always one of the best visits of the trip.
1910315_1077867061769_663_n.jpg
1553453_10201768778316046_269821409_o.jpg
1910315_1077866941766_9652_n.jpg
1910315_1077867021768_326_n.jpg

We definitely lost one of the living legends today. I’m a big believer in her long life diet: (1) good wine (2) swims in the ocean and (3) a daily swing on the swingset.

Cooked a meal from Olney’s cookbook (Thyme Lamb) and Opened a 2013 La Tourtine. Potato dish called for a white and my wife insisted we open a 2016 Tempier Rose out of respect :slight_smile:

She lived a great life [cheers.gif]

Will have to crack an Ode to Lulu this weekend. Sad to hear.

RIP.

I’ve not met her, but in my visit at the winery back in February, it was easy to note then, during the tour and tasting, how the ambiance, objectives and general attitudes in the property were mostly centered around Lulu and her philosophies.

Great welcoming attitudes shown by all during the visit.

Oh Bruce, the ultimate salesman!

“If you don’t see the greatness is this wine there’s nothing I can do for you.”