Louis Roederer Brut Premier: alternatives to try?

My go to champagne was Louis Roederer Brut Premier. At $35, priced pretty much the same in France as in the US, it was a good price point for us.
To me it represented the “typical” champagne flavor profile I grew up with. I have tried many French champagne and this one is always the one I prefer.
Some years, we have even preferred this one to the Cristal.

With the price up to $50+ now, I am looking to branch out and see if I can find alternatives that are priced $30 and under.
I am fine with a sparkling wine, it does not have to be Champagne.
Any one able to suggest other champagne or sparkling wines that have similar taste profile available in the US?
Thank you!

At the price that you are shopping, I would look to Cavas. Also, Roederer Estate is very good.

I would wait and stock up once you find it at the right price… Champagne is plentiful and there will be offers…

Thanks, I guess I will try to find it again, I can wait… I usually stock up around the holidays and it was $50 last year and has not budged since… I figured it was a long term price increase.Maybe online will be a better option.

I find that the Roederer estate has a little bit too much RS.

I think the Domaine Carneros is pretty good for the price. I use to get them in the low $20 range buying a mix six.

Thanks I will add this one to my list. I am going to try to the Roederer Estate L’hermitage (out of budget but worth a taste) as well as I am not a fan of the Roederer Estate myself.

I like Roederer Estate (all of their wines) quite a bit, but it doesn’t scratch the Champagne itch for me.

It seems that you have found that Louis Roederer Brut Premier “scratches the Champagne itch” for you, as Craig puts it. It is among my own favorites in that price range of what not long ago was $35 to $40 that is increasingly $45 to $50 now. You have a wine that you find consistently enjoyable and some times even prefer to Cristal. I think you are in a very good place with that Champagne. If you are not adverse to doing some online searching and shopping, I think you could probably find some deals and such that your net price for this might not be too different from what you are used to. Good luck.

There’s a bunch on Benchmark for $39 right now.

I bought it just a few weeks ago at $39.99. Steady price on a tranche of the 2014 base release. I agree though that normal price is $45-50 now. Where are you?

I’d echo the above suggestion to look for a deal. Or try to call a retailer you like to order a couple cases and ask if they’ll give you a discount.