Soliste Cellars Sale

2014 St Andelain Sauvignon Blanc
2014 Renaissance Pinot Noir
2012 Out of the Shadows Syrah
Two 2013 Chardonnay

I’ve been purchasing all summer from them. Had the 13 Renaissance this week. Wonderful pinot in its prime drinking window. A recent 2010 Syrah was also excellent. I purchased the 12 and the St Andelain SB from the recent offer. You can find the wines listed on their website here

https://store.soliste.com/Wines

1 Like

+1. I got a case each of the '13 L’Age D’Or and '15 Les Cailles chardonnay. Great value at $28 per btl and free shipping on 6 or more (I believe). Sadly I think Soliste is on the list of producers that won’t be making any wine in '20.

They are not making a 2020 vintage 100%

Correct they won’t be making any wines for 2020 but they seem to have quite a library of wines and since so much of their inventory goes to fine dining restaurants they continue to release older wines at what seems like wholesale pricing. $35-38 for their top end library pinot’s are a fantastic deal. I’ve bought at least 6 of each one. They are excellent and in their prime drinking window. I believe the current pinot on sale is the 14 Renaissance from the Sonatera Vineyard.

cheers

1 Like

Soliste Cellar Sale continues. There is not a better opportunity to source some of the best Sonoma Pinot’s at well below standard cost. They just released a 3 year vertical of the Foret

https://store.soliste.com/product/Foret-MonoClone-Pinot-Noir-Vertical?pageID=94FB3E15-C3CE-7AA5-1194-50830467B601&sortBy=DisplayOrder&maxRows=999&

14/15/16- 2 bottles each for $210. Foret comes from the Guidici vineyard 6 miles from the Pacific in the Sonoma Coast appellation. These usually see around 30% new oak and may have some whole cluster depending on the vintage.

They also still have the 12 Syrah, 13 Chard and 14 L’Esperance (Sonatera vineyard) on sale. I just picked up the Esperance and grabbing the Foret vertical. The 13 Foret is just starting to hit it’s drinking window with a short decant.

These are excellent wines and along with Littorai are my favorite from Sonoma.

Cheers

4 Likes

Fred - agreed, great wines overall. I bought direct 09-12 and loved the wines, but thought the pricing was a bit aggressive at $85-100 per bottle and stopped buying. The pandemic wholesale pricing at $35 per bottle for the Pinots when they come up, and $28 for the Chards, is a no-brainer. Have been buying 6x from each special release over the past year. Didn’t buy the Foret vertical, but went back in after seeing your note and saw the '16 Foret is on sale for $35. The '16 Griottes from the last release was absolutely phenomenal. Unfortunately it was sold out when I went back to get more (only 69 cases), but hoping the '16 Foret is on the same level. Threw in a couple bottles each of the '13 L’Age D’Or Chard, which has been fantastic, and '12 Syrah as well. And on the night before Berserker Day to boot. pileon

(Edit) And to top it off, free shipping on 6x bottles or more…I truly don’t know if there is a better wine deal on the market today.

Cheers, [cheers.gif]

Steve

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I’ve been reading recommendations for Soliste, but the prices seemed steep. They may well be worth every cent, but I like the chance to sample at entry level prices.

Hi Peter- great opportunity to try some of the pinot’s- Foret and 14 L’Esperance along with the Syrah, the 14 Sauv Blanc and the 13 L’Age Chard all at pricing well below wines of similar quality. We love the whites as well as they have beautiful fruit and retain nice acidity and verve without the oak getting in the way.

Good point Steve. You don’t have to buy the Foret vertical. Each of the Foret’s 14-16 are on sale. Add in the Syrah, Sauv Blanc, Chard and 14 L’Esperance pinot and it doesn’t take much to put together a mixed 6 or 12 pack w free shipping.

My experience is as Steve’s. Early buyer of the wines, but eventually intimidated by the price point. Occasional purchases after that, wishing I could afford more. Now, with Donald routing the restaurant allocations (and pricing) to consumer direct, I can’t imagine a better Pinot for the money. My cellar is well stocked with burgundy, but also Ceritas, Rhys and Kutch, so you know my Pinot preferences. At some point, the restaurants will emerge from their lockdown and this current opportunity will disappear. I hope some of the new buyers will stick with them even then, but I still wouldn’t miss this opportunity now. I wasn’t gonna drink tonite, but you guys talked me into popping the 13 Nouveau Monde…pale ruby, lacey with a beautifully spicy nose. Should do nicely with the pork loin braised in green chiles.

1 Like

David- We had the 13 NM over the weekend. It really is starting to hit it’s stride. These are such terrific wines. Each one is such a unique expression of Pinot Noir. I was considering buying some village level burgs and decided to just buy more Soliste. You really can’t beat this offer. They usually are available until Don sells out.

Hopefully when we get over the hump of the pandemic Don can resume tastings. We’ve had some awesome visits with him.

1 Like

2018 Monoclone Release pack sale

2 each Foret, L’esperance and Renaissance
all 6 bottles for $258 ground shipping included.

Fantastic wines at wholesale pricing. The 14 and 15’s are in a real nice spot. If you like Littorai, Kutch, Kelly Fox, Patricia Green then you’ll probably really enjoy Soliste. One of our favorite Sonoma producers. No brainer offer.

1 Like