2018 Chateau Lafite Rothschild anniversary collector pack

Got this email from Zachy’s today. Collector pack for $5,000! Wow.

Does that mean other bottles will be regular label?

Special Announcement: Lafite Rothschild Celebrates 150th Anniversary and Zachys is the First Partner in the World to Present the Anniversary Collector Pack – Just 300 Produced

Today is a special day for Zachys’ Bordeaux collectors, as we are the first partner in the world to present the 150th Anniversary Collector Pack of 2018 Château Lafite Rothschild. The Collector Pack includes one special edition magnum of 2018 Lafite Rothschild along with the commemorate book “The Almanac,” written by Saskia de Rothschild celebrating 150 years of Rothschild ownership. The subtle detail added to the legendary 1868 label, shows a hot air balloon symbolizing modernity and adventure at that time with the initials CL, 150 in roman numerals, that is also seen in red on the shoulder of the bottle. Just 300 packs have been produced for the world, and Zachys is one of just a handful of merchants to be able to share it.

As you may remember, Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate, James Suckling, Wine Spectator, Decanter Magazine, Jeb Dunnuck and Antonio Galloni all indicated that 2018 Bordeaux is another great vintage that can often challenge and surpass many releases from the modern-day benchmarks of 2015 and 2016. For Zachys, after tasting 400 wines from barrel along the 2018 Bordeaux trail, we believe James Suckling summed up the new vintage best, noting, “Most people agree that it is a great year and can be compared in quality to recent excellent years such as 2016 and 2015. I think it could turn out to be an all-time great, similar to 2010, 2009 and 1989 or even such classics as 1982 or 1959.” But it goes beyond the critics, there are plenty of reasons that Jean-Guillaume Prats of Lafite-Rothschild told us that their 2018 challenges the likes of the immortal 1959.

5K for a magnum and a book?!?!??

I would hold off buying until a notable book critic has scored The Almanac…

LOL,
what a rip off, sort of reminds me of the Salon box set

And yet, they’ll all sell…

It’s not like Lafite 2018 is some super scarce product. What wine enthusiast would rather shall out for that one magnum and book than EIGHT BOTTLES (which I think you can buy for the same sort of $)?

Hmm, a special label mag and book, or a six-pack OWC and nine course at the French Laundry w/ wine pairing…or, what say you?

Easy 100 from Leve

Easy 100 from Leve