Harrington Wines fall wine offering

Although Bryan Harrington closed his winery at the end of last year and I’m no longer working with him, he still has some wine to sell, and he thought it would be good to post the link below to his fall wine offering. It’s actually something of a preview, since Bryan has not yet sent out an email blast to his mailing list, though he’ll be doing that soon. There are 6- and 12-bottle packs of Harrington wines, featuring both recent releases and older library wines. Quantities are limited on some of the wines - particularly older ones. By all means contact Bryan to help him customize an order of library wines for you - his contact info is on the Harrington Wines website. You can order through the website link or send in a printed order form.

Harrington Wines fall wine offering

Thanks Ken. I was wondering when I saw the tittle as I haven’t seen the email. I reached out to brian in the spring and he sent me a killer case of library wines.

Sean

Great! Order in!

Just placed my order for 2 cs. Ordered it on-line.
I was charged $4,500 for ground shipping to NM. Does that seem a little steep to anyone??
Tom

Thanks for passing along. I have a few of his down in the cellar. Such a shame he’s closed down. I’ll definitely check it out, especially for the more unusual varietals.

A special shipping charge just for you, Tom! [wow.gif]

Needless to say this was some sort of glitch in the order, and I hear that Bryan is working on a fix right now. [cheers.gif]

Well…Bryan says he is going to walk/hand-deliver each btl to me… so that’s the reason for the high shipping charge!!

We got the best minds in the wine world working the problem as we speak.
Tom

Bryan took care of it and a refund was processed. Turns out his PayPal quoted the per case shipping and added two zeros. Probably PayPal doesn’t realize NM is part of the USofA.
Everybody is happy & wine goes out Mon w/ Bryan shipping it himself. Can hardly wait to see what Library wines he selected. Weird stuff… he knows my tastes.
Tom

Wait, you’re saying that New Mexico is part of the US? Next you’ll be telling us that Hawaii is too! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Glad the problem with the shipping charge was resolved.

has anyone tried their cabs?

Sure, I’ve had them numerous times and have quite a few in the cellar. The Cabernets are as very much as described. These are not 14.5% monsters, the two cab sauvs are 13.3% and 13.5%. The are restrained and balanced with generous acidity. Despite being age worthy they are very drinkable out of the gate. I believe Bryan used to sell a lot of these to restaurants by the glass so they were made with this approachable style. My favorite Cabernets all come from Santa Cruz Mountains or Bordeaux, not from Napa. I like the Wheeler Vineyard but absolutely adore the volcanic soil character that you get on the Cedar Crest Vineyards wines. I think cedar crest CF (13.8%) might be one of the top 2 or 3 wines I picked at every Harrington tasting where I get to side by side some 30+ sku’s over the last few years.

Sean

and BTW: In for another Library Case! No Brainer. Can’t wait to see what gems Bryan digs out.

Thought I’d revive this thread since Bryan Harrington just sent out an email (link below) that he still has library wines available. He’s putting together full-case or half-case assortments of library wines - you can request specific wines you’d like included or just have Bryan select wines for you. Although some of the more recent wines are sold out, others are still available (including the 2017 Mission Angelica), so ask Bryan about any of those as well if you’re interested.

Last Stop on the Harrington Bus