Aack! Shipment notices have started

Just 3 days ago I added up all the wine due to be shipped and came up with a depressing number.

To make matters worse the first shipment notice which arrived today (from Benchmark) was from an order that I had forgotten about and wasn’t on my list.

Back in January I had a firm resolve that my only purchase for the year would be a case of 2008 Comtes de Champagne.

Please make me feel better by telling me I’m not the only one.

pileon

After a myriad of deliveries the last two weeks, I’m down to…312 pending bottles

Still have nothing on the de Negoce guys

The next three weeks will see an avalanche of wine arriving at Schloss Bueker. I can only hope the two cases of Champagne and nine bottles of Ultramarine that come later will blunt my wife’s wrath.

If it makes you feel better, I had a vendor ask if my storage facility had a loading dock since it would be much cheaper to palletize my pending deliveries from them.

I probably spent more on 2018-19 this year than I have for any vintage any year in the past.
My project and budget for the coming year is new active storage because I’m probably 20 cases short on climate controlled storage at home.

You at Vine Vault?

CT says I have 384 pending delivery. My only solace is that some of that is 2019 BDX EP and that deliveries that are arriving this fall are going directly to the offsite

Thanks everyone! I knew I could count on you. My 59 bottles now seem like a mere … nope. Still seems like too much wine.

But at least I know I’m not alone.

No worries Jay, this isn’t a competition.

Though if someone has more bottles pending than me, please one up me so I can feel a bit better about myself and rationalise all of this away

But Jay, so long as it’s good wine, that’s a great feeling. :slight_smile:

I’m getting a few cases from benchmark in a few weeks too, and am looking forward to finding out what’s in them. (I mean, I generally know, but I don’t recall what couple random bottles I may have purchased in March!)

I believe my pending total is around 138 bottles, 141 after I ordered a 3 pack earlier this week. There’s going to be a lot of hours sorting, putting away and backshifting in my locker. I’ll probably wait until the bulk of my wine is delivered before backshifting however

4 cases arrived in the past 2 weeks. Have 3 more coming next week and 5 cases the week after.

Buckhead Wine Storage

Still in the mid-80s out here, but yeah…I’m nervous about the pending shipping season.

Finally, as I approach decade seven of life I’ve ordered less. Still, there is little room.

Ummm…
9B2F3342-864A-4836-B355-DB2AB402A3CA.jpeg

An appropriate amount of bubbly for the holiday season

I had to add mine up the other day. I am a young-ish collector and just got my cellar in order last fall…so went big this year. I have 20 cases coming but 7-8 of those are 2019 Bdx E.P. The #4 comment by Mike Evans had me laughing pretty good. Enjoy the new treasures!

I refuse to count what I have coming. A few more weeks of ignorant bliss.

But it is WAY too early to schedule shipping from the west coast for me. Not paying overnight, and temps along the way are still in the 90s. Mid-90s in LA this week, eg. But your post reminds me that I have to contact a few NY sources about shipping

Jules was not impressed, but now that we’ve been popping corks almost every night… she’s coming around. She still wants the basement back to normal, but I bought some time at least.
champagne.gif