Rare Krug Rose mid 80’s release

This was a mind bending experience like no other old Rose Champagne has ever bestowed upon me…

A little history on this bottle… I bought it in 2012 at the Wine House in LA with other older bubbles and this was last bottle I opened from my stash as I knew it was a rarity like no other. A lady who used to model in Paris back in 90’s consigned a bunch of Champagne cases to the store. She conveyed to consigner that she acquired Champagne while working in Paris back in day instead of “having fun.”

Brad Baker said it was a rarity like no other…

I have cellared this bottle with care like no other as I knew it was rare and tiny quantities were made of Rose back in day.

Full oxidation of juice with bubbles emerging like a current release. Round, balanced, extremely rich and seductive notes of seductive tantalizing strawberry, cherries and finish that was mesmerizing plus addicting. We had caviar with this but this juice could of been served with the finest beef, anything rich or on its own.

This is why I love old bottles and will continue to be brought to my knees when right bottle is popped…

Cheers! Leah
515636FC-4AC4-444E-91BF-507B2D5638B2.jpeg
2008FD7C-507F-4FC1-9B19-5666DC4187EA.jpeg
FA81BB59-8FB9-4158-ADF0-E241A72FB854.jpeg

Lovely note, and great to see you posting here!

Stay safe!

How was the Roumier Musigny?

Very interesting. For some reason I didn’t think they made a rosé that long ago.

great note, Leah.

Which vintage is this?

Awesome!

Nice one Leah! I love how all these bottlings age from Krug. I recently opened an old label Grand Cuvee that was amazing.

Apparently came in a distant 2nd!

Cool notes and thanks for pic Leah.

Thanks everyone for the the lovely responses as this was truly a memorable experience that will haunt me for the rest of my life!

Cheers!
Leah

I’m a sucker for good Rose, especially in bubbly form. This sounds fantastic. Thanks for the note.

Leah,
Nice. I also have a few old label Grand Cuvee left.