Rhys Fall offer

Not too sure if this offer is already past for most, but just got an email this morning getting onto the mailing list after about 1.5 years. I copied the email below, but I wanted to ask if anyone knew about the “Limited production sparkling wine made in collaboration with renowned Champagne producer Rodolphe Péters”?

Hello from Rhys Vineyards!

And thank you for your patience! We are very excited to offer you an invitation to join our mailing list. This offering showcases the first single vineyard estate wines from the remarkable 2018 vintage, a vintage that has quickly become a favorite. Critics have been in complete agreement, with Jeb Dunnuck remarking that the 2018s are “flawlessly balanced and excel on their complexity, elegance, and length.” Antonio Galloni had similar feelings, calling the 2018s “off the charts brilliant.” This first release will focus on the wines from the Alpine and Bearwallow vineyards as well as some of the smaller production wines. To read more about the vintage, see critic notes, and read about our recent retrospective tasting of every Rhys wine we’ve made, click HERE.

After purchasing, you will become a Rhys mailing list member and become eligible for exclusive offerings over the next year including:

Rhys’ biannual offerings of estate Pinot Noir and Chardonnays
Limited production sparkling wine made in collaboration with renowned Champagne producer Rodolphe Péters
Futures offerings of Rhys’ 2019 vintage production, including custom bottling formats
The Alpine Hillside and Horseshoe Hillside reserve Pinot Noirs produced from our flagship estate mountain vineyards
Click HERE to order now!

Allocations are reserved during the ordering period but please place your order by midnight, Saturday, October 31st as any remaining wine will be reallocated at that time. If you are not allocated a wine that you would like, it is possible to request the wine in the “Wish Request” field.

Ground shipping is included in the price of the wines and expedited shipping is available. We will begin shipping orders this fall to cooler states then monitor the weather for the rest of the country.

We have recently made changes to our eCommerce platform, ensuring a smoother and more efficient check-out process. If you have any questions please contact us at info@rhysvineyards.com or via phone at 866-511-1520.

Thank you again from all of us at Rhys!

Do a search. There are a few threads on the Rhys sparklers.

It has not gotten rave reviews.

I am all in for Horseshoe Syrah in this offering.

Agreed, taking all I can on Syrah, and the Chenin for that matter. Will round out with a smattering of Chard and Pinot.

Grabbed a handful of PN and Chard. Considered the Chenin, but I doubt I’ll ever convince myself to spend that kind of money on domestic CB.

Exactly. Even if I was a Chenin fan, why would I pay 50% more than the gold standard, Huet.

1 Like

I like Chenin, and enjoy the different expressions. Rhys makes a good Chenin.

I was allocated one bottle of Chenin and will be buying it, pretty much out of curiosity; as David pointed-out, it is priced quite aggressively. Will probably take some Alpine Chard and Pinot, too, but that’s it. I’ve been trying to do something to change that Rhys occupies a stupid/whopping 15% of our holdings; combine that with Arcadian, who works with the same varieties, and I’m looking at 25%. As much as I love Pinot, Chardonnay, and Syrah, and as much as I love Rhys and Arcadian, I’ve found myself getting pretty darned bored opening up my wine fridge to see mostly these selections … gotta diversify.

has anyone tried the Chenin Blanc yet? What is it like? Comparable to anything from Loire? Comparable to Chappellet’s version?

Brian - I tasted at Rhys in January. (Wow, that seems a lifetime ago!). It was quite good albeit very different than the Loire wines I drink (Huet, Foreau, Chidaine). Much less of the oil/petrol element than the Sec’s from those producers - lighter in body but a very good wine. Like the comment above I’m a bit torn on price and ultimately passed, but it wasn’t because the wine wasn’t good.

Thanks, Brian. I appreciate that. I’ll give it a try, but will do my best to not wish it to be something it isn’t. [cheers.gif]

I too received an allocation offer today after being on the wait list approx 1+ years. I placed an order today to dip my toes in the water to try Rhys based on all of the positive reviews from berserkers.

I ordered:
2018 Rhys Alpine Vineyard Chardonnay
2018 Rhys Alpine Vineyard Pinot Noir
2018 Rhys Home Vineyard Pinot Noir x 2

And wish listed:
2018 Swan Terrace Pinot Noir

If anyone has a suggestion for a must try or wish list based on this allocation, please let me know what else I need to try.

Thanks
Bill

Bill - if you like Syrah, I think Rhys makes among the best in California. Worth a try.

I second (or third, fourth, or fifth) the recommendations of the Horseshoe Syrah if you are a fan of classic Northern Rhône Syrah. The Alpine Chardonnay is also world class. For newcomers to the list, I think it is worth trying a bottle of the Bearwallow Pinot, which being from the deep end of the Anderson Valley is quite different than the rest of the lineup.

Thank you for the suggestions. I just emailed them requesting to add a bottle of the Syrah to my order.

Thanks for the info. Ended up grabbing two each of the Alpine Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. Looking forward to trying one of each in the next couple years and laying the other down for much longer.

I haven’t gotten an email from Rhys. Is this a staged thing, where different groups get it at different times, or is everyone getting an offer now?

Last thing I got from Rhys was the Hillside offer in August.

Have you bought recently? If so, check spam folder.

Thanks. I guess I got it, but my iPhone didn’t turn it up with the last few times I searched my email (as so often happens).

I find the iPhone e-mail search function to be worse than useless.

I bought each of the pinots. I have mostly let my Rhys wines age and have opened some delicious bottles this year.

I checked my account and I have an allocation, but did not get any emails.

JF