Scherrer Gewurz offer

Gave this a go. Compelling story, price is great. If it’s Fred-approved, probably worth a try! Any thoughts?
Also, “ All proceeds for these wines will be donated to the Redwood Empire Food Bank.”

I haven’t tasted it but Scherrerly it’s delicious. And thanks for not inserting that extra t before the z. [cheers.gif]

Serendipity! I’ve been on the De Negoce train, but have been yearning for some dry Gerwurz. Recently I joined Scherrer’s mailing list, hoping to find out when they’re open again. I haven’t had any Scherrer wines, but a friend recommended them and I want to try them. Those write-ups sound wonderful, I’m in. Night Owls wines, interesting name.

If you’re looking for domestic dry Gewurz I’d also recommend Bedrocks offering from Alta Vista vineyard. Might be kinda hard to find unless you’re on the mailing list but worth the hunt [cheers.gif]

https://m.klwines.com/p/i?i=1433784

Thanks! Signed up for both groups; I signed up for K&L years ago, but didn’t know about their secret mailing list :slight_smile:

Also re-signed up for Navarro; late DH and I joined their wine club in the 80’s, where I first tasted dry Gewurtz. When these places open back up, I think I’m due for a local vacation in the Philo area.

Great call on Navarro! Excellent Gewurz, and wines in general.

Fish on!

I think the Navarro is always solid, but Husch might do the best bang for the buck GW; and both Phillips Hill and Witching Stick GW have been wonderful the past few vintages. Make sure to check them out if you’re in the area! Phillips Hill Riesling has been consistently very good too as far as aromatic whites go.

Dan, just read your Anderson Valley visit thread; there are a LOT of great ideas there. I already planned to go to Roderer, but someone mentioned dessert zin from Witching Stick (yum), so I got on their mailing list too.

I realized I hijacked this thread, sorry about that guys.

The Navarro LH Gewürztraminer is exceptional.

I found a bottle of Navarro 1990 LH White Reisling in the back of the fridge. Think it’s still good?

I don’t see why not. The sugar content should allow these to lay down indefinitely.

This evening some friends were over and we got some take-out Thai. I popped open the V10.1. Dry, spicy, smooth deliciousness. Absolutely perfect with the Thai.
I’m thrilled with this wine, and will try the other one with the leftovers since I picked up the mixed case.

Split a mixed case with some friends and opened one of the '12s last night, went fantastic with a plate of charcuterie.

I need to go pick mine up.

I have a dumb question. This is a 2012 white wine. Why so long from harvest to release?
Phil Jones

I had the 12 Saturday night. It was rocking. What’s the future life expectancy for these?