2018 Quilceda Creek CVR Release

Curious if anyone has any insight on the 2018 Quilceda Creek CVR Release, how the 2018 vintage was for Washington. I know it was spectacular for California, but curious about Washington. I realize CVR is their base wine, but it’s still good.

Thank you in advance!

Will buy it. For $45 hard to beat.

2018 was very good in WA. Really good fruit and nice structure and acid balance.

If you can find it for that price load up, $70 from the winery

The winery confirmed to me yesterday pricing is the same they released the 2017 at back in May

$45 for the 750mls
$100 for the mags

Will prob get a case of each

Any idea on how oaky it is? I was introduced to QC by a friend and really enjoyed the CVR until I made the list and purchased the '14 which had substantially more oak influence. Bought a couple more times but have started to question whether I like their “newer” style. $45 is an good deal for the the style of '13s and '12s that I have had multiple times, but curious on whether the more oak forward style is here to stay. Thanks.

As far as I know, it always had a very oaky style. I found the CVR wines pretty well buried under the oak and not much fun, but then if you set them aside for 8+ years or something they actually became quite good. Of course, still in a modern, powerful, dense style, but a good version of that once they aged enough.

Thanks Chris.

My apologies, just got my offer indeed $45 per bottle.I don’t know what I was thinking about [new-here.gif]

agreed 100%

Just called and put in my order. Decided on 18 bottles and 3 mags.
Doing a curbside pickup to save on the shipping as I have a few cases from prior releases they have been holding onto as well.

hard to understand “very oaky” for this wine
been enjoying for over 15 years and I am not a fan of “very oaky”
the 17 is very good now
just sayin

Minimum order in multiples of 6 bottles now… still a buy for me. Cheers!

Maybe you and I just perceive that differently, or have a different point when “oaky” crosses over to “very oaky,” which is totally fine if we do. Last ones I had were probably from 10+ years ago, too.

For my tastes quite a bargain. Just ordered a case for me and my wine group. I find it approachable young but it also rewards cellaring.

Deal breaker for me. Too bad.

so then, you aren’t a fan yet the 17 is drinking well now and is not oaky…maybe the style is different now, the only constant is change and maybe you should reconsider your comment
thanks

Picked up a six pack. Will be a good daily drinker.

in for a bunch, to add to all the other bottles, great deal

I just ordered six 750 cc bottles and one magnum. The QPR with these wines tends to be very good.

Colin [cheers.gif]