TN: 2009 Sky Vineyards Zinfandel, Mt. Veeder

Wow. Truly as good as mountain zin gets. I need to load up on the newest releases, especially with the current discount that Alfert pointed out in another thread.

[media] Rich Brown on Instagram: "2009 Sky Zinfandel Mt. Veeder. Wow, this is mountain zin at its absolute finest. Amazing perfumed nose of florals and spice, with beautiful strawberry and red fruits on the palate. Plenty of acidity keeps it fresh and a long, deep, peppery finish takes things to the next level. An ideal mix of fruit with a distinct old-school/rustic charm. Utterly unique and singular wine, and one of the best zins I've had this year (and I drink quite a bit of zin). I'm pretty blown away. #zinfandel #mtveeder #napavalley #napavalleywine @skyzinfandel @nwtomlee" [/media]

Great note my man. I love everything about this winery. I reloaded on the 13 and 14 from the winery this Summer when they were $30 or so each. Also bought the 15 at release price. Great labels too.

Tom

Thanks bud! I really need to snag some of the newer releases. Your notes on the 14 and 15 sounded awesome!

There was a good interview with the proprietors on The Wine Makers podcast a few months back. Worth a listen.

Thanks Paul! Any chance you have a link to that one?? I’ve listened to the Bedrock Wine Conversations podcast with Skyla Olds but am struggling to find the one that you’re referencing. Thx!

There is a June 19th Episode with Mayacamas Olds who now works at Gloria Ferrer but she does talk about Sky as well.

LOL, I just grabbed more the minute I saw your thread, before you create a run on it!!! [cheers.gif]

That 09 sounds awesome.

Ok gotcha! Awesome, thanks for that - will check it out tonight!

Ha! I wouldn’t worry about any of my half-ass notes creating a run on anything. But regardless, you can’t have too many of these wines in the cellar…Especially at those current prices. Appreciate the heads up on the pricing btw!