Schrader library release

Any views on this? Feels expensive when you add $250 for shipping and tax.
D079FBCE-DBC6-4E15-8A48-E9C675AE35DA.jpg

I passed, though amused to see I can “only” order 10 of each pack.

I also passed

Averaging out at $400 per bottle on the 5 pack $2000. [rofl.gif]

Raising money for cash flow. Even the Top End wineries are doing this…

Looks like I need to raise the price on my 2013 Realm BTK and Maybach CC postings

[snort.gif]

Seems to be approx. going (auction) rate for these wines.

That’s a instant pass! Not that I had the slightest interest to begin with.

I’d definitely buy at original release price. At $400 a bottle I just can’t see it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ That

I guess it’s a good way for constellation to revalue the library from when they bought it. Probably more of an accounting exercise than a cashflow one. I wonder how big the library is that they are offering everyone 150 bottles.

Had a library release offer from VHR the other day as well. Starting to see a few other wineries send these over.

Feels like they expect few people to buy but the ones who do buy to buy big. I’d guess the library is much smaller than the total offers outstanding.

A max out of that allocation wouldn’t fit in my offsite storage unit.

Sorry - I have to jump in on this one. VHR had a library offer months ago…and it went quick as I missed it. Their one from a couple days ago was releasing large format bottles from the families personal library with proceeds going to Napa Valley Relief Fund after the fires. HUGGGGEEE DIFFERENCE and I could not let that comment mislead folks comparing Bruce and VHR to a mega company like Constellation looking for cash flow.

I was all set to dive right in :rofl::rofl: and then previous posters shamed me into changing my mind. (NOT). Can’t blame the for trying. Everyone else is doing the same. However this thread did motivate me pull a good one for this weekend… [cheers.gif]

I understand your response, but I did not mention or compare VHR to Constellation looking for cash flow. Yes you are correct, the VHR library release is going to charity.

I just brought up that they had a library release offer and I had an email from Ehlers Estate with a library release offer today as well.

Understood and no disrespect meant to you. I just that the reader could read it that way and I wanted to give Bruce sand the VHR credit for offering personal wines for the relief fund. Just wanted to clarify what VHR was doing as what I am guessing/implying Constellation is doing with the Schrader release.

Constellation need some help on cash flow?
I’m so sad for them.

Ya, hard pass on these. 2018 was the last Schrader wine I’m going to purchase. Constellation = bad.