What would you order?

1/2 off bottles under $100… What do you like?

If the wine can complement both vegetarian and meat friendly dishes, even better. [cheers.gif]

I was going to say 2017 Huet Le Mont Sec, which works if its chicken or fish. Cristom Mt Jefferson might work, not sure itll be light enough for veg. Its been a while since I had it. I’m assuming no half bottles.

FYI I consider myself a wine novice, but still think Huet is your best bang for buck.

Does it also apply to half bottles? If it does the Billecart-Salmon Brut Rosé would be reasonably attractive.

Are the vegetarian dishes serious or an afterthought? If the former, they should be in the same range of savory and textural satisfaction. Then the real question becomes the specifics of the dish. Without knowing, you’re basically asking “Which wine would you order for an unspecified meat or fish dish?” Basically asking for a flexible wine. Maybe the '15 Jadot Clos de Malte Santenay or the '15 Château de Poncié Fleurie Le Pré Roi.

I am vegetarian, my husband is not.
Honestly, we drink California wines more than anything, and there are so many wines on this list we are unfamiliar with. Just wondering if there is a hidden treasure here that would work for both vegetarian and meat dishes.

Assuming you want to stay under $100 to get the half price deal: 2017 Fevre Chablis as a white, 2015 Cristom “Mt Jefferson” Pinot Noir as a red.

Not a lot of selection under $100 and most of the wines are around 2.5x priced.

I haven’t had Ridge Dusi Zin but Turley’s Dusi is excellent so this is probably what I would order. It’s about 2x retail so at $75 gets it down to $37.50
2016 Ridge Benito Dusi Ranch, Paso Robles $75

Vinous 93 very good review. Sounds like a well balanced wine that would go well with a lot of food.

Thanks for the suggestions. This restaurant is practically in our backyard. We have an anniversary coming up which happens to fall on their 1/2 off wine day, so why not take advantage…

Each person order a half bottle, get 50% off each, if allowed

I’d go with the Barolo if you’re looking for red. Awesome wine list!

Another white besides the Huet Vouvrays (which are always a good choice): 2014 Domaine A. et P. de Villaine Aligoté, Bouzeron. That’s a very good wine.

Reds:

• Anne Gros Haute Cote (Burgundy)
  • Muga Reserva (Rioja)

These will all work with food.

based entirely on what I’m familiar with and enjoy drinking I’d go with one of

1128 2017 Joseph Drouhin, Pouilly- Fuissé 80
1680 2017 Huet Clos du Bourg, Demi Sec, Vouvray 95
1665 2017 Huet Le Mont, Sec, Vouvray 90

I’d also pic the Huet. I probably stick with the sec. Half off brings them close to retail.

I didn’t really see anything I thought would be a bargain anywhere on this list. So dependent on what food will be ordered. Even saying vegetarian is too broad as I have had many dishes that go with whites or ones that go with reds better. I can see sticking to Paso if you don’t want to spend that much. Much of the Napa wines are very pricey.

Looks like Huet is the winner. I do love Vouvray. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

It isn’t very exciting/off-the-beaten-path but this looks like the way to go. There are precious few sub-$100 bottles to begin win, most of them are 3d labels or generic wines (a $25 Faively on the list for $90 now $45 is no bargain), and most of course are less flexible than you’ll want. I’d get 2 bottles of this really excellent, benchmark rosé and be very happy

White

2017 Joseph Drouhin, Pouilly- Fuissé

Red

2015 Louis Jadot, Santenay Clos de Malte
2016 Ridge Benito Dusi Ranch

When did Bin 407 get so expensive?

2012 Penfolds Bin 407, Cabernet Sauvignon, South Australia 140

2013 K Vintners, The Hidden, Wahluke Slope 125
With steak or this would work at half off! For vegetarian it is just a nice drink.

The 3 Dominus wines are probably the best value at half off on this list.