2007 Cabot Klamath Cuvée

Powerful nose on pop. This is super dark fruited with a hint of smoke and some olive. I had one of these on release at it was a beast, a few years has really helped, I can’t imagine this could be any better than last night, lovely-and an amazing qpr.
9AA298D7-7AE4-431C-9DE8-CCC5748A64BC.jpeg

1 Like

Always wanted to try Cabot and never did…need to hunt a couple down, any other suggestions?

I wish had been more patient on this one.

I prefer the syrahs. Very Northern Rhone-like and very reasonable for the quality. I would buy them direct from the winery. If I were to buy one sampler for the house style, it would be the “Aged Syrah” pack, which has vintages in a great drinking place now.

John always has a berserkerday offering. Zin and Pinot are good too but the syrah can be spectacular.

Still my favorite wine label ever.

Exactly. That’s how I got on the Cabot train.

+1.

And like others said, hopefully he’ll be back for B-Day again in 2021. Though you can probably order right now from the website.

Just checking back in on this wine from a recent BD purchase. Still very fresh and not tired at all . Lovely notes of wet tobacco, plum and bakers chocolate on opening. With more air, brine, black olive, violets and licorice root, with some citrus oil. Racy palate with fine tannins. Super nice and not in a hurry. Glad I bought a few. Crazy value, imho. Thanks John!

Not a better and hard working guy to support!

2 Likes