Qupe Syrah rock-bottom deal on Groupon

I’m guessing the new owner found a stash of this? Or it belongs to Bob Lindquist and he wants it out of his hair? I don’t know what the winery sale details were (new owner gets remaining inventory or not).

$99 a case delivered!

Whole bunch listed on Winebid too.

I’ve never had this wine, no CT notes, but given the pedigree and price, has to be a no-brainer.

Thanks Larry! With free shipping, a little over $8 a bottle is a wow. Always enjoyed Qupe.

I know that when Bob sold to Vintage in 2018, he was able to hold on to quite a large library of wines. I have no idea of whether these were included, but these would have been bottled most likely before the sale and therefore completely under Bob’s control - and this is a great pedigree for Syrah in general . . .

Cheers

I’m for a case of course.

The offer states “Goods sold by Vintage Wine Estates”

Well that explains that . . .

And Chris, you might want to let the folks over on the DeNegoce thread know about that - and you can purchase 6 bottles only if you’d like champagne.gif [snort.gif] neener

Note that the wine in the image is the Hillside Estate, a selection from a specific block (Z Block) that I think was planted in 1992 for Bob Lindquist. The regular Bien Nacido is already a nice wine, the Hillside Estate generally a step up and generally my clear favorite until they planted Syrah at Sonnie’s vineyard in Edna Valley.

-Al

thanks, in for a case. Love Qupe.

They’ve already sold through about 300 cases on the offer and it’s not sold out yet. Only 600 cases made. Seems like they might be selling damn near the entire production.

In for a 6-pack! Great deal on a Syrah from a solid producer. Thanks Larry!

In for a case! How could a $8 Qupe Syrah fail?

In for two cases.

12-packs sold out. 6-packs still available.

I waffled between 12 and 6…realities of too much wine, too little storage landed me on 6. What a crazy deal though

Bunch of well aged ones on Winebid too.

Thanks for posting. Great deal! in for 6. I love a lot of Bien Nacido syrah, but haven’t had Qupe’s. At that price, no brainer.

John,

Curious which other Bien Nacido Syrah’s you’ve had in the past?

Cheers!

I love the Piedrasassi BN syrah and always buy a bunch every year. I’ve also had the Bien Nacido Vineyard syrah. Now I’ll try a third! I think Ojai and Bedrock make a BN syrah, and would love to try those too.