Offer for Lewelling 2018 Cab next week

Does anyone have any tasting notes or info on the vintage? I’m a buyer every year but wanted to see what people thought of this vintage.

Lewellings are always great. Bought every year since 04 I think. Make sure and decant for a bit, they are wonderful wines. Just had a 14 Wight that was singing. There are a lot of nice folks in Napa, but David Wight is the best! Sorry we couldn’t visit in 19 or 20.

05 is my first year bottle. I am keeping a vertical going of both wines, starting with the 05’s. Great wines, every year, and in my opinion - an incredible value when considering the price point. I’m not about to suggest what they could get for their wine, but it’s a hell of a lot more than what they sell them for.

I’m a long term buyer too but I feel like a bit more money I can get much better wine . Becklyn NV Cab jumps out as one example . Anyone else feel the same ??

I stopped using the Lewelling with the 2017, and that was after buying ffrom them at least since 2001. The price is good and the wines can be excellent. But I had too many in the approx. 2005-2013 or so time frame that were just too heavy for me. Maybe my tastes changed along the way. Having said that, they claim that they were now backing off a bit, much as others in Napa have been doing.

Not doubting you , but based on what ?

No
And I max buy and Love the Becklyn.

Good question. Got the “ backing off” from Haley in a phone conversation a few years ago. As I recall, I was asking for a replacement for an off bottle, which was sent to me, and the conversation covered a lot of ground.

Offer out and I like a big cab so order in. Great value in my opinion.

Got a 6’er.

In for a couple of cases.

Same!

In for 2 packs.

In for 2 of em. Haven’t tried it yet but I think I read it doesn’t ship until late 2021? Is that right?

Yes. They’re a year behind.

Just curious - What’s the price these days? They always used to be great value compared to the silly prices many were asking.
I bought every year from 2000 to 2006 but then my second kid came along and I tailed off buying Napa cabs generally.
Spent several happy afternoons chatting with Dave. I should go check the resale market for old time’s sake.

$114/pair.

I’m fell off the list after the 2005 vintage for no particular reason, sorry I did. I’m back on and hoping for my wish list :slight_smile:

Cases as in 12 bottle cases?

Debating this one. What’s it compare to?

Yes, 24 total (12 of each). Just a little over $100 per two pack with case discount.
I find Lewelling to be unique—ripe side but dialing back a bit in the last few years. Also the people are wonderful. It my fave “tasting room” in the valley.
Buy Hayfork too for a slightly less ripe version from the same vineyard.

We visited with them a few years ago and fell in love. We were not on the list yet and they could not sell us any at the time; but let us taste, gave us crackers and cheese, and sent us home with the bottle they opened for us.
I was in for two two packs.