2018 Harrington Negrette

Calleri Vineyard, San Benito County, CA. I know nothing about the vineyard or the County, and this (AFAIK) is my first-ever varietal negrette.

If you like what I call “juicy” reds in the vein of a good Savoie mondeuse or a nice mencia from Bierzo or Ribeira Sacra, this wine is for you. Delicious, gulpable, great with food, and ready to go for that exuberant juiciness. A steal at the “all wines must go” closeout price offered a year ago. [cheers.gif]

Agree this was deeeeelish.

Bryan did some research and the best French Negrettes he tasted, and what inspired him to take a shot, were done with 100% carbonic maceration, so that’s what he did here.

There’s a recent Harrington offering posted here: Harrington Wines fall wine offering - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers
Don’t see this wine listed, but you could always ask.

Thanks for the tips, Wes. I think the carbonic explains a lot. Good to know.

One of my favorite of Bryans 2018’s. Glad I have a few left. As I sit here sipping an 18 Harrington McEvoy Ranch Syrah. Double decanted and getting better after 4 days of sitting.

Hey Dave, long time since reading you on WCWN many a moon ago. Didn’t you and Greg Ellis do some biking trips? Glad to hear you enjoyed this, when I had it wasn’t sure what to make of it. Curious if there’s more bottle variation than usual with this bottling given its élevage. I have a ton of Bryan’s wine in my cellar but none of this to revisit.

Cheers, Marc!

Greg and I did only ONE biking trip, but it was EPIC!

Great to hear from you!

Bryan has some stuff on sale

To order, go to the PURCHASE page of the Harrington website:

PURCHASE – Harrington Wines

Feel free to call me at 415.652.9655 with any questions.

Sorry, pickup of orders at the winery are no longer possible.

Warm wishes,

Bryan Harrington

Harrington Wines

bh@harringtonwine.com >

www.harringtonwine.com

Talk about coincidence, I opened one last night! This is the note I sent to my dealer, Tom Hill:
…….it was more interesting and entertaining than I remembered. It had a really juicy fruit/bubblegum character and a tiny bit of effervescence. It was like a hypothetical blend of carbonic beaujolais, petite sirah and sparkling shiraz. Not only did it remind me of fresh juice I’ve tasted out of open puncheons, but a whole bunch of fruit flies that I hadn’t seen before suddenly appeared around my glass. Very enjoyable in its own way