TN: 2010 Domaine Bernard Baudry Chinon La Croix Boissée

• 2010 Domaine Bernard Baudry Chinon La Croix Boissée - France, Loire Valley, Touraine, Chinon (10/28/2020)
    Two years since my last bottle, and with two+ hours of air, this is more than impressive. It’s right there with 2010 Rougeard Poyeaux as the best pure Cabernet Franc I have ever tasted. When this wine was released it was a beast. Now it’s sculpted, as from red marble. The aromatics are precise, and totally Cab Franc. The tobacco and earthy red fruit blend with the beginnings of leather and a hint of bitter chocolate. There’s still a bit of drying tannin on the finish, so I think further cellaring is a good idea. That said, it’s well worth drinking a bottle, and scaling the heights of Cabernet Franc.

Posted from CellarTracker

I agree it’s ridiculously good. I was blown away in Feb. how well it’s drinking now, even if it’s early days.

Here we go…more Baudry notes! I’m buying as much as I can, after the last bottle I tried. I fear Baudry (and Loire Chinon, in general) may become popular, and stop being a value, like St. Joseph used to be…

I just picked up a case of 2018 Grezeaux. Still a great value.

+1

and +{whatever we’re at} re: this wine being stellar. I put all of mine away in offsite because I know my willpower doesn’t have the strength. Thanks for the note, David. [cheers.gif]

I know they are from different soils, but how does taste differ for Baudry’s cuvees-specifically La Croix Boissée, Grezeaux, and Le Clos Guillot?

I don’t know Guillot all that well, but Boisée tends to be more concentrated than Grezeaux. I find Grezeaux finer boned for lack of another descriptor.

I love the white version of this label, too, but never seen it be much publicized around here.

Not easy to find.

Any way to block this thread from Charlie

Wow incredible note David. I haven’t opened any of my 10 CB, plowing through grezeaux instead. I must say I’ve never had a baudry climb to the heights of clos rougeard, so super excited to open one.

Fu wouldn’t be caught dead drinking a lowly Chinon

Read another TN here that was high on this. Am so looking forward to trying mine.

If only Covid wasn’t in the way, a small Baudry get-together would have scratched the itches. Have smattering of 2005+ Boissee.

He used to say that about Gonon. True. [cheers.gif]

Baudry is awesome. I have a few 2010s lined up ready to go. The 2010 Grezeaux I popped recently was equally outstanding.

Thanks for the note, David.

I hate you guys.

I just bought a case of the '18 Grezeaux

^