TN: 2013 Jean Foillard Morgon Cuvée 3.14 (France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Morgon)

2013 Jean Foillard Morgon Cuvée 3.14 - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Morgon (11/4/2020)
Dark ruby in color, wonderful melange nose of savory dark crushed fruit, dried herbs, creosote; this is a wow wine, for its intense dark gamay fruit, savory complexity, excellent acidity in perfect balance, some moderately fine slightly chalky tannins. Very youthfu, and very delicious. (94 pts.)

One of my all time favorite Beaujolais flirtysmile

Up there with my favorites, too.

Yup. Mine, too. Interesting on 2013, not necessarily a strong vintage.

Thanks ALan!

I quite like 2013 Beaujolais. Always have.

Thanks for the note. I have 6 bottles of this wine resting in my cellar waiting their turn. It might be time to check in on one soon.

Friend. Neighbor. Cycling buddy.

With love,
Your Life Coach

With 6, i wouldn’t hesitate to open one and see what you think. It’s drinking pretty damn well now, if still on the youthful side. And if you decide its not exactly your style, they are going at a premium these days, so you fleece Alf to take them of your hands.

Sounds great, you made me look. $100 for a Beaujolais? I know Beaujolais. I know $100 bottles of wine. They are both good friends of mine. Beaujolais, you are no $100 bottle of wine.

ED933EBC-43B5-4BB3-B806-E3900D78614D.jpeg

lol, yeah I’m no longer a buyer either, I think I paid $40 for this back when it came out. But even at $100, it’s comparable to a decent 1er Burg, if you like the style - which not everyone will.

Looking on cellar tracker I have 4 vintages with the youngest being the 2014. All bottles I paid ~$47 - $56 per bottle. Crazy if over $100 now but great juice.

Haven’t had a $100 Burg that comes close…

Yeah you got incredibly good pricing there. I’m still a buyer at up to $75.

Hey mods, where is the cricket emoji? I need that to answer Robert.

I had one back in June 2019. Not to worry, it’s my style. Alfert won’t get his hands on them, fleecing or not.

Y’all got me curious so I had to check. I paid $60 for 5 of them and $75 for 2 of them. At $47, I would have backed up the truck. Sad, those days are gone. For this wine I am good up to about $75. At $100, I am for sure out.

Likewise. A recent 13 Corcelette was awesome.