TN: 2012 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Pinot Blanc Champagne Blanc de Blancs La Bolorée

• 2012 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Pinot Blanc Champagne Blanc de Blancs La Bolorée - France, Champagne (10/2/2020)
    This wine was mesmerizing! 100% Pinot Blanc, no dos…a wonderful creamy fleshy fruited wine, yet laser focus and brightness…in absolute perfect balance and beauty. Tarted orchard fruits, apricot jam…vibrant fresh squeeze of lemon and tangerine…pretty and exotic florals…plenty of crushed minerality creating a nice salt to the sweet…mouth coating pillow soft honey almond leesy mousse. Was such a joy to drink to the end…even thought about getting another bottle! (97 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Love this wine. Cedric said “If you want it to be even better, pour it in a decanter and let it sit overnight so the bubbles are all gone.” I disagree, but I love Champagne BECAUSE OF the bubbles, while he seems to find the bubbles to be a distraction…

How was the Cornelissen?

Nice note! I had this wine about two weeks ago and was blown away as well:

2012 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Pinot Blanc Champagne Blanc de Blancs La Bolorée - France, Champagne (10/23/2020)
Ordered off the list at Passionfish. Really gorgeous nose of lemon, tart apricot, minerals, and green apples. Super interesting and more white wine like than Champagne. On the palate, there is good acidity and nice mousse with small bubbles along with flavors of apples, chamomile, and a hint of peach. Long finish. Outstanding wine, wow! (96 pts.)

Well it looks like we found the same stash! champagne.gif

It was funkalicious! Loved it…but liked the 18 Susucaru better we had the next day…still good funk, but a brighter red berry fruited wine with more vibrancy. The 16 (Contadino) was much darker with earth tones and drank more like a red…the Susucaru more like the Rosato I was looking for. Both FUN wines! Have an order in for some 19…hope it’s like the 18.

Are you planning to age them?

Anyone have the 08 of this lately?

Had it six months ago in France and it was in a great spot

I had the 07 last week. It was awesome, but don’t think I would age it any further.