TN: 2009 Louis Carillon Puligny-Montrachet

• 2009 Louis Carillon Puligny-Montrachet - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Puligny-Montrachet (11/5/2020)
    This wine blew me away on release…drank all my stock up by 2015…couldn’t believe we were just crusin in the village here, and not Cru-sin uptown! Well…I found a few more bottles recently…and here we go. That incredible nervy intense acidity has mellowed, melding more with the still creamy and pure orchard pitted fruits…lemon/lime squeeze adds freshness…there is a slight bruised apple, especially on the nose, that alarms…but the color looks fantastic…and it seems to integrate well with some air. The village level shows, as there doesn’t seem to be the weight or complexity as in its youth…all now more of subtlety. Still very pleasing chalky flint, dried honey, sea air, peach blossom florals, sautéed apple. And that Carillon pureness has never wavered! All in all a satisfying drink…just not a mind blower like before…and not one to hold too much longer. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

Thanks for the note. Best I go open some soon, based on that colour!

• 2009 Louis Carillon Puligny-Montrachet - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Puligny-Montrachet (3/16/2021)
    Well…bottle two is quite FRESHER! Brighter in color and cut…needs some air to integrate some funky wet decomposed granite minerality…then this thing takes off! There’s that nervy Puligny lemon citrus I adored in this 9 years ago…yet creamy with the pitted stone fruits, and that smoky, chalky crushed rock density…peach blossom floral…long, persistent sour tart finish. LOVE this bottle! My last note said drink up…now I don’t know? This bottle could have gone 10 more years imo. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

Carry on, my wayward son, there’ll be bliss when you are done. . .

Yes…every time I drink a Louis Carillon I think of alan weinberg…and that song!

am I the bliss or the wayward son?