CFU Storage Method

Just checking in to see if anyone found any draw back to the “CFU storage method” (4-5oz Boston rounds + refridgerated)? I have noticed with some young high acid wines that they come into balance after 1-2 weeks (sample set of 2), as if they were left overnight with the cork in the original bottle. So I am pretty pleased with the method on young wines; if there is degradation it is slow/manageable. I wash the bottles in the dishwasher and just rinse out with tap water before pouring wine into them to eliminate any dishwasher related odor/residue.

Much prefer this to a Repour. Longer lasting and I like convenience of 4 ounce bottles for readily portioned wine. I found myself for the first time having two different reds ready to go in the fridge, versus I never used two repours at a time. I haven’t Coravined anything except sweet wine as I feel Coravin changes the constitution too much.

Anyone using it consistently for older/delicate wines? Or finding any lack of success with the method?

My draw back is eye-hand coordination - they fill up really quick, need a light touch with the pour to keep from overfilling. I’ll probably get much better with practice.

I use Coravin, Repour and now the Boston Rounds, and no question, once they are filled, it seems like the best option. Tried it with great success on an 01 Hudelot-Noellat Vosne Romanee Suchots, 90 Gruaud Larose, as well as a younger white burg.

Agree, having multiple wines in bottles was great.

Has nyone used it on champagne? Old champagne?