2016 Franny Beck Pinot Noir La Chenaie Vineyard

• 2016 Franny Beck Pinot Noir La Chenaie Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Eola - Amity Hills (11/13/2020)
    Excellent wine. Deep garnet color. Light chambord aroma and a cherry core on the palate. Taste like whole cluster, don’t know, but a green stem note and tart finish. Also muted charcoal. A bit astringent at this young age. I wish I had a few to age because this is super stuffing.

Posted from CellarTracker

I loved the Berserker wine special from Franny Beck. Agree with the tasting notes. Would buy more but only worth the $20 range to me.

Maybe it will show up as a library offering on Berserker Day. Based on tasting this at the winery a couple of years ago, I’m holding on to mine for at least another five years. It seemed like the most age worthy of the line-up, and definitely has whole cluster.

We are on the same planet. 100% agree.

We hosted a tasting at our house for them a few years ago. Michael and Ally are great people and I love the wines. Most of the pinot is super acidic upon releases so they need some time or fatty food. I opened a young bottle about a year ago and paired it with duck confit, perfect all the way around.

Hey Brig, great note, spot on. I went back to check my notes and the ‘16 La Chenaie was 50% whole cluster and it shows it, for sure. This bottling has the first fruit from our selection massale block at the vineyard- really excited about what that block will do for us in the future. I really dig this wine and was psyched about it from the get go, but, as you note, it’s best years are ahead.

Honestly, if I could release our wines 5 years in, they’d really be able to show their stuff. A little tease for Berserker day- we’ll be offering some cool vertical and older stuff. Just sayin’

Paul, man, that was one of our first in home tastings! Funny thing, if I could draw up the the impact that your tasting has had on our business, you’d be amazed. The number of club members, in home tastings and bottles sold that have their genesis from that night is crazy. We’ll call it the Mills Family Tree.

Hey Peter, you’re reading my mind! I think that there may, in fact, be some library offering in the next berserker day offering!