Virtual Tasting Series Compendium 2020 - WB Charity ***README***

A Wineberserker Public Service Announcement
The 8th annual Virtual Tasting Series (VTS) is ready to go. The first week for 2020 kicks off the week before Thanksgiving and runs through the New Year giving those time to post a tasting note into the thread. Each week is hosted by a fellow Wineberserker who decides the theme, format, and the charity they’d like to support.

Matching Donations: if you’d like to co-host the current week by matching the donations then just post into that week’s thread “I’m matching” and any terms and conditions you’d like to add. A number of people have requested this and it’s a great idea so have look below and pick a week you’d be interested in matching.

Week__Date_____Theme / Host - Charity

1. NOV20 - NOV29 - Anything Pinot Noir - Frank Murray - Laura’s House
  2. NOV30 - DEC9 - Aussie Aussie Aussie Down Under - J A Y H A C K - Food Bank of his Wife’s Choice
  3. DEC9 - DEC16 - David B - Oregon Wines - Dakin Animal Shelter
  4. DEC16 - DEC23 - Get your Zinfandel On - Brian Tuite - Redwood Empire Food Bank
  5. DEC23 - DEC31 - Bordeaux - Jud Reis - Kijabe Children’s Education Fund
  6. DEC30 - JAN6 - Sparklers - Nate M - International Justice Mission

Here’s the Compendium for the previous years.

2013 Compendium
2014 Compendium
2015 Compendium
2016 Compendium
2017 Compendium
2018 Compendium
2019 Compendium

Who’s in for a host week for a good cause? Looking for hosts interested in supporting their favorite charities.

How do you do it?

Post the week you want right into this thread

Pick a charity, theme, and format. Post it right here.

I do all the work for you starting the thread, etc. You just sit back and relax.

It’s that easy. First come first serve while weeks are available

I’ll take week 2, get your Zinfandel on. $10 per note going to the Redwood Empire Food Bank.

Between increased homelessness, COVID -19 job losses, devastating fires and more it’s been a rough year for everyone and the Redwood Empire Food Bank is there providing food for anyone who needs it no questions asked.

You are thoughtful and eminently generous human. Week 2 is yours.

I just received my Carlisle shipment full of 2018 Zinfandel so the timing could not be better. I might have to share with Frank, I’m not sure he has any zin left after the cellar culling to make room for more champagne!

FMIII thread is posted in wine talk here, starts November 20th.

David B has week 3 for Dakine animal shelter.

Details to follow.

bumpy bump

p.s. It’s Dakin.

https://www.dakinhumane.org/home-make-a-gift-2020.html

The week will once again be a celebration of Oregon Wines. $5 per note. $10 per note for wines from Berserker winemakers (e.g. Marcus G., Vincent, Jim A.). My company also matches donations, so it’s going to double no matter what.

Does the $10 per note donation apply to producers who participate in Berserker Day but the winemaker doesn’t really participate on the board? Kelley Fox is the first example that comes to mind, but I know that there are a number of others as well.

Oh sure, why not!

Week 1 with FMIII is off and running Pinot freaks.

Jay and Jud have requested a week and I’m working on a minor scheduling change so that leaves just 1 week which will be over New Years.

Anyone want sparkers for New Years?

Okay, the deck chairs are rearranged.

Jay and Aussie Aussie Aussie follow Frank and Brian and Zin move to the 4th spot.

Jud Reis has Christmas and selected Bordeaux as the theme. That should be good.

Last week is still open

Week two - Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi Vey Vey Vey. I will open a Wendouree. If you do not know Wendouree, you should, but buying it is no easy task. Due to the astronomical increase in the price of Wendouree in the past few years, a few bottle have shaken loose in the US, and you might want to think about it, but there are so many other great choices, including Old Bastard, Hill of Grace, Astralis, Grange. I recommend the 1998-2002 cheapo Barossa or Central Victoria Shiraz wines, which are just great right now. I really like Wild Duck Creek.

Ok folks I have bad news and good news. What’s that? You want the bad news first?

The Zinfandel VT has been bumped two weeks to week 4. Dec 16th - Dec 23rd.

Good news, I have an anonymous matching donation up to $500 [highfive.gif]
My donation will be $10/note and I’m expecting you guys and girls to hit the cellar hard.
If anyone else want to join in you can reply here or PM me if you want to remain anonymous.

Thank you all!

bump

I think Nate, new to wine berserkers will take the last week.

We are working through the 9ptions.

Week 2 is up and starts tomorrow - Aussie Aussie Aussie by Jay. Details to follow in the thread here

Let’s Rock n’ Roll! newhere champagne.gif

Bump

And perhaps this should be sticky for the holidays… for good karma among other things. Ending 2020 well would be nice.