TN: 2013 E. Fuligni (Cottimelli) Rosso di Montalcino Ginestreto

• 2013 E. Fuligni (Cottimelli) Rosso di Montalcino Ginestreto - Italy, Tuscany, Montalcino, Rosso di Montalcino (11/14/2020)
    Deep ruby color with a beautiful nose of cherry, tobacco and orange peel. It shows similar flavors with cherry, orange peel and cedar intermixed with fine tannins that lead to a long finish. This is my first time trying but believe based on my experience and prior notes this is just entering it’s drinking window. We followed over 2 hours and enjoyed with a simple pasta with clams, chorizo and tomato. The acid in the dish really brought out the cherry and finish of the wine. Wonderful wine, loved it and bought some more. I think it could still develop a bit more with time as tannins come back with some additional air time. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks Fred - this sounds excellent and also delightfully familiar. Fuligni was the highlight of several Montalcino visits in the summer of 2019. This included tasting their 2017 Ginestreto and I found it absolutely charming, though probably not as long an ager as this '13. Still, for the price these are fine red wines and I think good non-bank-breaking and early drinking representatives of Sangiovese and Montalcino.

Definitely a price performer Rich and this 13 has some serious stuffing to it. Too bad the price of the Brunello continues to rise significantly.