RIP Ed Scherrer

[cry.gif]

I’ll miss the conversations with Ed at open house dates at the winery.
My condolences to Fred and Judi.

Very sorry to hear this!!! A part of CA wine heritage.

We were very saddened to hear of Ed’s passing and opened several older vintages of Scherrer Vineyard wines last night in his memory. Ed’s work has brought smiles to many a wine lover.

Virtual hugs to Evelyn, Fred and Judi.

Fred/Judi sent this out

Another WWII Army Veteran died peacefully early morning November 15, 2020 in his home at 93 while
holding his wife’s hand. Edwin Rowe Scherrer, lifelong resident of Healdsburg is survived by his wife of
64 years, Evelyn Scherrer, Son Fred (Judi), daughter Louise (Matt), grandchildren Rachel and Ryan,
nephews Rob & Rick Sereni, niece Alison Shaw and sister-in-law Linda Shaw.

Ed was a lifelong farmer in Alexander Valley on property purchased by his grandparents in 1898. He also
owned and operated Healdsburg Auto Parts for nearly 30 years until he decided to spend all his time
farming in the mid-1970’s. He was quite devoted to his parents and made many sacrifices to take care
of them. Ed was never happier than when he was on a tractor or in his garden, where he harvested his
last tomatoes the previous Monday.

Ed was predeceased by “damn near everyone” he grew up with or knew well as a young adult. He had
said he was looking forward to being reunited with them but was going to miss his wife very much.
A celebration of his life will be planned when handshakes and hugs can be enjoyed again.

It’s been a few years since I’ve been to one of the Scherrer open house events, but talking with Ed there was always one of the highlights. My condolences to Fred, Judi, and the whole family.

Those are good people up there.

Sorry to read this, condolences to Fred and family. It was always a pleasure and a treat to have wine poured by Ed at an open house. He was an authentic old school connection to Sonoma county of days gone by.

Met Ed at an open house years ago. RIP Ed. My condolences to the Scherrer Family.