TN: 1992 Drouhin Clos des Mouches blanc

gorgeous creamy wine with surprising acidity, nuts, lemon, all nuanced and balanced, great balance amd length, punching well above its weight. Looked oxidized—dark in color, but no oxidation and tasted great. Shockingly good.

Oh, the days of ageable white Burgundy…hoping those days are back with Diam.

Make White Burgundy Great Again! DIAM TRUMPS?

Ha! These great notes have made me pull the 2002. Oxidised.

A great wine. Thanks Alan. When this is on, it totally delivers.

Good work Alan. '92’s are really good.

+1. I’m sure I’ve have said this before and probably will again: 1992 white Burgs always had the rap as a strong but early maturing vintage that won’t last. Except a lot of wines have. Now pushing 3 decades. I wish I still had any.

Awesome Doc! Hope my 85 is close to as good!

I drank ‘em all up too fast. Chet Kern gave me this one. It was a very California vintage. Never expected 30 years.

Great note. Even at the current pricing, this is a must have for me in many vintages. The 1993 is outstanding- but I have to confess I would not have thought the 1992 would go this long either.

My current recent vintage fave for long distance is the 2009. A bit atypical- at least right now- but still quite young and powerful.

The 1989 right now is mindblowing. It is shocking how good a white wine from that area can be. These age for a long time.