Andremily Release: No. 7 + 2018 Mourvèdre

Who’s biting on this release? This is my first year on the list and I read some old WB threads, but curious people’s thoughts on their more recent releases. I’m tempted to take just the No. 7, but people seem to love their mourvèdre as well?

Hard to say no to this one.
Any reviews out yet?

What are their syrahs like? More in your face fruit heavy or savory?

First time with an offer and I took both after thinking I was done buying for the year. I’ve heard nothing but great things about the wines.

no brainer, I’m in for my full allocation, plus wish-list mags.

2017 was the first vintage that I purchased. Both the wines were outstanding, I haven’t tried the EABA yet, but these are way at the top of my price range. That along with getting my first Bedrock allocation today, I popped for a 3-pack of the Mourvedre and passed on the Syrah. The Syrah was outstanding but the Mourvedre was really special. Tons of fruit but spicy with an incredible, silky texture.

fruit heavy for sure. But they are expansive in the right ways, and do retain some nuance. Alcohol is usually high and takes a little time to integrate. I would compare stylistically to SQN, but open to other viewpoints

buy em all. easiest no brainer in the history of earth. if you don’t enjoy these wines then yea i don’t know what to tell you.

Not on the list - what are release prices on these wines? And any notes about sourcing? I know he’s worked with White Hawk, Larner and Bien Nacido in the past . . .

Cheers

$273+$36 shipping per 3-pack.

$279/3-pack

Hello fellow pleasure seekers ~

All the grapes have been harvested, only a few small lots are still waiting to be tucked into barrel, and the team’s hands are all stained showing the tell-tale signs of a hard-fought harvest. This all means it must be time for me to reach out to you, our wonderfully loyal supporters, with the latest from the small but determined cellars of Andremily. Sitting here at my desk, still buzzing from the frantic pace of the 2020 harvest, my fingers perched on the keyboard before me, a glass of the 2018 Andremily Mourvedre within reach (more on this later), and the wonderfully fragrant smells of harvest filling the air. I am reminded of the TV show Mister Rogers Neighborhood. You see for the last few months we have been in the thick of harvest, which is a fast pace, dynamic environment. Working long hours of physically demanding labor, all while remaining alert to the ever-changing harvest environment, using all our senses to make quick decisions to maximize quality. To be great at winemaking one must be agile, ready to act at a moment’s notice. Whether it be a change in outside temperatures, unexpected rain in the forecast, or heaven forbid a wild fire, there are countless things that pop up during harvest both in the winery, and in the vineyard that must be navigated. Working to stay on top of all these things can be mentally taxing. Couple this with the many physical aspects of winemaking, including dragging around heavy bins full of grapes, stacking barrels, or one of the many other physical tasks. Harvest can truly test one’s mettle. You must be uncompromising and steadfast in your goal to make the best wine possible. It is, I imagine, a bit like driving a race car. The driver must continue to strive toward their goal while navigating the ever-changing track. The driver cannot take a lap off and still expect to win. For us, we work around the clock, always striving to produce the best wine possible from each vineyard. After all we only get one shot to get it right. So, sitting here now, with so much work behind us, the furious pass in the rearview. It reminds me of the beginning of each show when Mister Rogers would come in and change out of his suit coat and dress shoes and into his sweater and sneakers. Potentially how the race car driver feels after the race has been run. So much going on and then, suddenly, it is all over. But even with the bumps and bruises, wear and tear, long hours, and sleepless nights, harvest is a wonderful time. The opportunity to push yourself to achieve more, to create something even more beautiful. I could not be prouder of the wines we created this year and am looking forward to seeing how they evolve over the next couple years. After all something must go right in 2020.

We certainly hope that you all have remained healthy and safe since our last communiqué. No doubt mastering your new normal, and of course, enjoying plenty of delicious wine. Rachel and I have continued to explore our cellar, even taken the opportunity to check in on a number of the past vintages of Andremily. We are absolutely thrilled by how these wines have evolved and encourage you all to dig in and enjoy.
For those of you who have dipped in a little too often, or who may just be looking to add a few delightful bottles to your stash, we have not one, but two amazingly delicious wines set to launch. The first wine on tap is the out of this world, 2018 Andremily No.7. Yes, lucky number seven is sure to transport you straight to Pleasureville, with its soaring aromatics and rich full texture. This intoxicating elixir is a blend of 86% Syrah, from many of our usual sources, 12% Mourvedre from Alta Mesa, and is finished off with just a dash of Viognier for liftoff. Andremily No.7 leaps from the glass with loads of black and blue fruit, roasted meat, graphite, and black pepper notes. This is no wimpy wine. Full figured with plenty of tannin, and a finish that lasts, and lasts. If you count yourself a fan of our wines, you certainly do not want to miss this beauty, as it is sure to please.

The second but every bit as exciting an offering we have in store is the 2018 Andremily Mourvedre. We are so proud of the Mourvedre lineup that we have been able to craft over the last few vintages and have been even more thrilled by the response we have received for these wines. The 2018 Andremily Mourvedre is another showstopper that I believe has the potential to be the best yet. This beauty clocks in at 85% Mourvedre from Alta Mesa and Larner Vineyards,12% Syrah from Watch Hill, and just a touch of Viognier to put the finishing touch on this amazingly hedonistic wine. The 2018 offers heaps of blue fruit, braised beef, pepper spice, as well as plenty of that sexy Mourvedre funk. Spending 21 months in 50% new French oak, the 2018 has plenty of tannin, and natural acidity for long term cellaring, but who has the patience for that? We certainly don’t.

The Andremily wines will continue to be packaged and sold as a 3-bottle box set. Magnums will be packed as a 2-bottle box set, containing 1 magnum of Syrah and 1 magnum of Mourvedre. Unfortunaly production on each of these wines is a bit less this year and we have been forced to adjust allocations accordingly. We apologize ahead of time if your allocation is not what you wish. As always, please remember to take a minute to fill in the wish list section of your order page if you would like your allocation adjusted in some way. We will do our best to make it happen now, or in the future.

With that, Rachel and I would like to offer you the sincerest of thanks for your time, support, and most of all thank you for drinking our wines. We hope you have enjoyed our wines as much as we have enjoyed sharing them with you. We owe you a debt of gratitude for allowing us to continue to do what we love most, and send our warmest wishes for a safe, healthy, and happy Holiday Season. We certainly hope our descriptions above have compelled you to give these two new beauties a try. If this is the case, please don’t delay. Click the link below and place your order today. All allocations will be guaranteed until December 4th, 2020. Any unspoken for wine will be used to fill wish list requests, or reallocated to the wonderful patient individuals on our waiting list. Orders will be shipped in Mid-March 2021, weather permitting. At this time, we can only ship to the following states: AL, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MN, MO, NC, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, TX, VA, WA

Order your 2018 Andremily Wines HERE!

We really enjoyed meeting several of you over Zoom and look forward to setting up another set of Zoom tasting soon. Please reach out to us at info@andremily.com if you would like to be added to the contact list.

For a sneak peek at the happening here at Andremily, please follow us on Instagram @andremily_wines, or on Twitter @AndremilyWines.

Kind Regards!
Rachel & Jim Binns
Of
Andremily Wines

Fruit and extract heavy but much less so than the wines he makes at SQN.

Woo! Finally on the list and right in time for my wedding vintage!

I’ve only had the 2015 Mourvedre (last year), and I loved it. I recall it being very full, concentrated, and bold, yet extremely polished, with big fruit leading the charge, but with a lot of savory, earthy, and even slightly funky undertones making things quite interesting and delicious. I’d hope to see those undertones share the stage more evenly with the fruit over time, but I don’t have enough experience to know how it’ll age. I haven’t had much SQN either, but it reminds me of that, although, mayyyybe not quite a hedonistic (I don’t remember completely). I think fans of SQN, Saxum, and similar-ish wines will love these.

50% new oak used on the 2018 Mourvedre, which I would assume is a step down from SQN. Not sure about the EABA series. I wonder if others can comment…

One of the biggest no brainer purchases of the year…both the Syrah and Mourvèdre.

Second order (under my actual name) in. Two 3-packs of the Syrah and one Mourvèdre, wishing for more…I have at least one of every wine they have released so far, but almost all were on the secondary market with the exception of the past few releases, which were made available through a kind berserker.

thank you Binns family

Are these wines like early SQN, meaning before SQN went solely to their estate fruit (11 confessions etc.)? I loved the early SQN wines, way more than the newer ones that source from their own vineyards…sounds like Andremily blends their fruit source like early SQN.

My first release was the 2017 and I bought the Mourvedre, with the release and never had a bottle before I opened one and gave it a few hours of air and WOW this is awesome! I am totally buying that 3 pack. Not sure on the Syrah yet.