The Third Twin Offer

ouch!
2017 TTT Cuvee Box Set (5) 750 ml @1250 per box
2016 and 2017 TTT Graciano Box Set (2) 2016 750ml & (2) 2017 750ml @ $1000 per box

Got the same. Curious what the experts think. Why did the email discuss the 2017?

1 Like

looks like it was a typo on the offer, it’s been corrected on the order form, so I’ve edited my original post to reflect that as well

When I called to ask what was in the Graciano box set, they told me there was 1 bottle of each. Possible I misheard, but my email doesn’t specify the amounts.

1 Like

Wish I took a screen shot as when I ordered it stated 2016. Once I completed the order it stated 2017. It’s my first offer for TTT so I bit the bullet, along with the $110 S/H!!

OWC is a work of art though.

in for my full allocation - $205 in shipping for three sets :open_mouth: (but yes, the boxes are very cool)

Thanks

Manfred’s letter says that the Graciano is packaged as two vintages of 2 bottles each.

SQN emails says: “This dominantly Mourvedre based wine is packed in a beautiful wooden box that houses 5 bottles.”

WA review says: “…but this time the core of the blend is Grenache as opposed to Mourvèdre…Composed of 42% Grenache, 17% Mourvèdre, 15% Petite Sirah, 12% Graciano, 11.5% Syrah and 2.5% Viognier…”

Someone is confused.

How many bottles are in the '16/'17 Graciano boxed set? Did they offer the '16 before?

The Cuvee TTT is the Mourvedre based blend that got released for the first time last year.

The other one (the Graciano) is a case of four bottles; two of each vintages, the 2016 and 2017. Given that the production is extremely tiny on the Graciano (LPB indicates that the production of the 2016 Graciano vintage was ~800 bottles) they release it every two years with two vintages packed together.

I hope this input will clarify the offering. [cheers.gif]

1 Like

The first Third Twin offer was two 14 and two 15 Graciano in a box set so it would be consistent for them to do the same with 16 and 17.

all in, thank you

Got it wrong :slight_smile:

The Cuvee TTT, 2017 Nuestra Señora del Tercer Gemelo is dominantly Grenache based, not Mourvèdre based as the previous vintage.

More specifically 42% Grenache, 17% Mourvedre, 15% Petite Sirah, 12% Graciano, 11.5% Syrah and 2.5% Viognier

The 2016 and 2017 TTT Box Set is indeed a mixed vintage box of Graciano containing 2 bottles of 2016 and 2 bottles of 2017.

Email from The Third Twin this afternoon:

We sent out an offering for The Third Twin wines yesterday and would like to provide some clarification of the wines being offered. These wines are all new and have not previously been sold or released. The 2017 Nuestra Señora del Tercer Gemelo is dominantly Grenache based, not Mourvèdre based as the previous vintage. Additionally, the 2016 and 2017 TTT Box Set is a mixed vintage box of Graciano containing 2 bottles of 2016 and 2 bottles of 2017.

I don’t think I can maintain SQN, NOK and TT. That’s well over $10K per year. Thought I was going to drop NOK, but I did order.

The Graciano is stellar. I might go for it, but I’ll have to pass on the cuvee set.

You can’t buy the Graciano set without buying at least one cuvee set

I thought there were two boxes offered, one Graciano and one Nuestra Señora. Looks like I could just order the Graciano.

The system won’t let you add just the Graciano without the Nuestra - I tried (accidentally, actually)

Passing. PM me if interested.

1 Like