Full Pull

I know a few others buy from Full Pull. I’ve had good luck with some of their offers. Especially the redacted wines. Today’s offer has me scratching my head. Anyone have a good guess?

This is the second wine from this winery to land in a Redacted offer.

Furthermore, I can say that this winery’s other Redacted offer has come within the past calendar year, so it’s a producer involved with one of Redacted 9 through 16.

Next, it comes with an excellent review, which I will excerpt here. [REDACTED REVIEWER]: “…It’s one of the more fruit-loaded, concentrated wines in the lineup and offers earthy red and black berry fruits, plenty of lead pencil and graphite, medium to full body, sweet tannins, and a great finish. It’s a terrific wine to enjoy over the coming 10-15 years as well. 93+pts.”

We have a long history with today’s winery, with our first offer coming in 2012. We’ve subsequently offered another dozen of their wines in the subsequent eight years.

This is 100% Cabernet Sauvignon, and it comes from just two vineyards. The graphite notes in the review above are a giveaway that one of those vineyards is an outstanding Horse Heaven Hills site that we are very familiar with (nudge, wink, etc.). The other vineyard is a Red Mountain stalwart.

If you’re wondering why a well-reviewed Cabernet from two outstanding Cab vineyards is being offered to us at such compelling pricing, well, let me introduce you to 2020. In a previous year, a winery wanting to clean up some back vintages would have dozens of potential restaurant customers, who could commit to large volumes and then have a well-priced glass-pour on their wine list. Sales velocity would rapidly ensue. This year, of course, the restaurants that are purchasing wine aren’t doing so in bulk, so the number of opportunities for volume sales dwindle, and our list has been one of the few consistent options.

Which is how we end up with the usual irony of the wine trade, whereby wines get heavily discounted just as they enter their peak drinking windows. This ’15 spent 28 months in French oak barriques, and it clocks in at 14.8% listed alc. The nose has that unmistakable signature of Horse Heaven terroir – a core of graphitic minerality – complemented by intense blackcurrant and blackberry fruit, more earthy soil tones, and orange-peel subtleties. It’s a compelling, appetizing Cabernet nose. The palate had me wondering why more Washington winemakers don’t blend HHH and Red Mountain fruit. There’s power and pure fruit impact from Red Mountain, paired to all the chewy tannic structure and minerality from Horse Heaven; it’s a winning combination. There’s enough warm-vintage generosity to pop-and-pour and enjoy this immediately, and enough structural scaffolding to suggest that this is only beginning its period of peak drinking. All told, it’s a classy, polished, impeccably-made Cabernet that punches well above today’s modest tag.

I believe it is Lauren Ashton and Jeb was the reviewer they mentioned

2 Likes

The review for the Lauren Ashton wines say not 100% Cabernet.

I thought it was Corliss but FP has offered Corliss since before 2012.

1 Like

Yeah the first part of review didn’t line up but the rest was verbatim.

2014 Chateau Latour a Pomerol for $60 today. Supposedly a 45% discount. This a good deal?

Bordeaux is an area of my cellar I’m looking to add some depth.

2 Likes

Not 45% (Zachy’s has it for $80) but it does seem like a real deal for that wine and certainly worth trying. I would recommend reading what Jeff Leve has to say if you are thinking of buying a lot. Depending on your style preferences there might be other mid priced Pomerols you would like more.

1 Like

Thanks Craig. FP stated a $110 price which is where my supposedly 45% off came from. Good to know it’s discounted but not that great.

I really like good merlot and enjoy cab franc so this might be something I try. Thanks.

1 Like

J Davis… Do you read my site? You can find reviews for Latour a Pomerol and most Bordeaux. 2014 is a classic, nice enough vintage that is better in the Left Bank than the Right Bank. You can buy better Pomerol for $60. If you want Latour Pomerol, better to buy the 15 or 16 for a bit more IMO.

1 Like

The cheapest I can find the 15 or 16 is $100. And yes Zachy’s is at 80. So 60 for the 14 is a good deal, and almost half the current price on the 15 and 16.

1 Like

I do not but will add it to my list. Thanks.

Paul and Co. do an excellent job at Full Pull.

1 Like

looks like today’s redacted offer is: W.T. VINTNERS Syrah, Les Collines Vineyard 'Damavian' 2015 - International Wine Report

I came to same conclusion re: W.T. Vintners . I actually looked in my e-mail back to April of 2014 to narrow the choices and quickly landed on this winery and this specific wine they still have listed for sale at the winery. WT Vintners - 2015 Syrah Les Collines "Damavian"

1 Like

Yeah, they made it pretty easy to figure this one out (not a complaint…). I would bet my next mortgage payment this is WT Vintners. And $20/per is an absolutely screamin’ deal for that wine.

Michael

I’ve had that wine and it is really good. That is a killer deal.

Today’s Redacted 22 offer $35 list price at $18 2016 GSM was a quick case buy for me even before researching possible producers. After some quick research I’m pretty sure this is Latta Latta. Price point and score and Chris Latta has made wines for K/Charles Smith, then his own label that have been sold via Full Pull since the beginning. I can’t find Sean Sullivan’s 2016 review but the other vintage reviews seem like a good fit. The two riverbed clue is the Rocks Syrah, WW/Rocks AVA and Upland Vineyard Grenache Mourvedre, ancient Yakima Valley/River raised riverbed that is the Snipes Mountain AVA.

2016 Latta "Latta Latta" GSM, USA, Washington, Columbia Valley, Walla Walla Valley - CellarTracker c

As a footnote, I’ll have to look at my bottle when I get home, I own 2015 vintage of this, but this is not likely a Walla Walla AVA wine as shown in cellartracker, but rather Columbia Valley with grapes coming from Snipes Mtn and W2. Common mistake in CT with wineries all over pulling fruit from all over Washington and AVA’s get recorded incorrectly. Sometimes the AVA’s even change year to year for the “same” wine, which adds to CT confusion.

1 Like

Almost guaranteed that is the wine. The quote is from Sullivan’s review, and the list price and score match. If I remember correctly, Latta is literally next door to Full Pull.

If I remember correctly, Latta is literally next door to Full Pull.

Yep, I thought about that too. The bottles may never move until fullfillment by FP.

1 Like

For anyone who may have been looking at/interested in the latest Full Pull redacted offer . . .

Redacted 23: 2017 Pinot Noir Yamhill-Carlton - $44.99 (FPP $19.99)

. . . the vineyard photo provided is of Lazy River Vineyard. Based on the original price and critics’ scores my best guess is 2017 Panther Creek “Lazy River Vineyard” Yamhill-Carlton Pinot Noir. K&L Wines currently has this wine discounted as well with the following corroborating facts:

(Previously $45)
93 points Wine Enthusiast (PG)
92 points Vinous
91 points Wine Spectator (TF)

1 Like

Having bought four of these, I drank my first on Saturday night. Delicious!

1 Like