TNR and domaine update request: Camus

long a third rate producer with great grand cru vineyard holdings, wine prices are still commensurate with that inferior quality—but have the wines improved? I’m seeing 2012 and younger for sale at low prices. Any recent data?

Would love to discuss this producer more. I just tasted through their 2015 Chambertin, Mazy and Latricieres and all were pretty solid with Chambertin being the standout. While none were top examples of their vineyards, all were drinking very well and I’d likely rate them all in the high 80s to low 90s. Given the price…I’d be happy to load up.

The wines are hardly average for their labels though not bad for the price levels - ex domaine - I can’t find an argument to buy the wines retail. The Charmes is the price of some renowned producers’ Bourgognes - but no, no change in the quality…
I still have some 98 and 99 Chambertin that is complex and delicious - suggesting grand cru quality - but a world away from the top Chambertins. The people who buy their grapes usually make much more interesting wine, but of course, more expensively…