TN: 2011 Loring Wine Company Pinot Noir Aubaine Vineyard

• 2011 Loring Wine Company Pinot Noir Aubaine Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Arroyo Grande Valley (11/22/2020)
    Starting to get festive and made a nice accompaniment to putting up the tree. Did a bottle decant with a full glass poured and waiting, sat for about an hour and a half. Intriguing color, dark garnet with an ever so slight brown tint giving to a little brick. Its fun to swirl and look at. The nose is just lovely, wafts of dark cherry, boysenberry, cola, vanilla, a little pine tar and earth, some smoke. I spent 10 minutes just inhaling it. Front leads off with black cherry cola and vanilla. Crossing the middle, the acidity pipes up and those notes of boysenberry surface. Well balanced, well integrated. Silky tannins kick in and just coast with the fruit for a lengthy finish. Its one of the best bottles I’ve popped of late, a great ride, and fortunately I have a few more laying down. You can enjoy this now or let sit a bit longer to roll the dice and see what happens. Its got weight and the structure and I don’t sense its legs giving out any time soon.

Posted from CellarTracker

Edit: Its been a few hours, the bottle is still singing, so silky and delicious.