TN: Krug 168 half bottle

from .375 and the recent Zachy’s sale, the wine is tight and incredibly intense. The citrus just drives into the brain, very tight and coiled, but with superb balance and depth with finesse. Incredibly concentrated, it’s only giving a little of what it holds. It’s a connoisseur’s wine and has a huge future.

And what ya drink after the 10minutes of killing the bottle?
#375snotenough

hahah. Resisted the temptation of a second

So I’m not the only one to find Krug half bottles kinda useless! It’s not even enough for 1 person. What good is it!!

No where near enough!

We like to take these when the two of us go out to dinner at a byo place along with a bottle of wine.

I find this bottle size perfect. I have more bottles of this wine in this size than any other (including 08 dom). It’s the perfect size for a weeknight and will last decades if I don’t drink them all first (unlikely, although I’ve finished almost all my other Krug halves except a couple 167)

:+1::+1::+1:
I was just being tongue in cheek. It actually is a really convenient size. :slight_smile:)

I’m with you here. Why bother with half bottles when you really want a whole one. One advantage though, is that you can drink them earlier if you’re going for aged champagne.

“A magnum of champagne is the perfect size for two people, if one of them isn’t drinking.”
I’ve heard that credited to Winston Churchill, but it may have been attributed to him erroneously.
I like having some half bottles, usually after a full bottle wasn’t quite enough to accompany a night or a meal.
I’ve both enjoyed and regretted all three half bottles of Krug 168 I’ve opened. Gratifying, but such a waste of its potential greatness.

I think the 168 is drinking nicely out of half right now. I’m happy that I bought it in sufficient quantity that I don’t think twice about opening one, though.

This, we use them as a follower or end of note option as opposed to expecting to only drink a half.

Opening a 750 for Thanksgiving with some friends. Cannot wait…

tough crowd here. I was drinking it myself—wife was sipping on a Rhys Chardonnay.

If you aren’t a big drinker, then Krug 168 in a half is perfect.

If you think 168 is useless, then that’s my definition of a big drinker.

I spent most of my years as a big drinker but not for the last few.

I have a couple of 375’s of the 168.

Strangely enough, the label only says “grande cuvee” and then “brut” on the next line. It does not mention any specific edition. When I put in the 6 digit number into the website, it says it’s from the 168 edition. Are there two different label versions?

-Joe

Yes, I had the same GC Brut without 168 and reloaded with the ones on the label.

Can’t think of many better wines for half bottles!

Mine is the same way. Only the 750s say 168eme.