Desperate for legit ideas on what to do with Stella Rosa semi-sweet wine

We received a bottle as a gift. The gift-giver is important to us. I would like to put it to good use, somehow. Any good cooking ideas, perhaps? It’s a semi-sweet Red wine.

Cook it down with some cinnamon (and maybe a bit more sugar) and use it as an ice cream topping?

Mulled wine?

Use it as a marinade for beef.

Convert it to fuel for your car?

Sorry.

Are your kids out of juice boxes?

A sweet wine?

The Jacques Pepin Prunes in red wine recipe is pretty great for something like that

Mulled Wine is the perfect solution - ‘tis the season

If the gift-giver is important, why not find a way to actually drink the wine!
Any more specifics on the wine label name of the wine?

Make homemade Gluhwein or red Sangria!

Thanks, everybody. Think I’ll go with the mulled wine idea — the weather is right for it. :slight_smile:

I should have put that as more of a question. I was thinking of how some meats dishes have a sweet finish of balsamic or honey. Some marinades also call for sugar, so a semi-sweet wine didn’t seem far fetched. No experience to base it on though.

It will keep forever in your fridge.

Spoon it over vanilla ice cream from time to time.

Dan Kravitz

Mulled wine is so good.

Question — is it important just that you consume this wine, is it important that the giver know you drank it, or that they know how you drank it? Explain the way in which it is important.

Not that it’s wrong whatever your reasons, but, just for example, if you intend to tell them what you did with it, then cooking or mulled wine may not be received as well. Whereas if you just need to have a clear conscience telling them you drank it, then mulled wine might be just fine.

Chris,
Mostly a clear conscience. I believe the giver put a lot of thought into giving it, and for whatever reason I feel compelled to put equal effort into personally enjoying it.

RE-GIFT - It’s a popular wine. Life’s too short…

I have two bottles leftover last year from a work gifting thing. No clue what to do with them either. Don’t really get mulled wine and there won’t be any holiday functions to drop them off at. But also no guilt on who gave them to me. It was accidental.

If making spiced wine is an issue, then it would be equally good in warmer weather with some soda water as a spritzer.

Make it into a sorbet? I’ve made a savory blue cheese ice cream many times, a duo of a blue cheese ice cream and wine sorbet would be interesting and certainly show an appreciation of the ingredient due to the work involved. More of a dinner party thing as opposed to a Wednesday night thing though.