'05 & '09 Barthod, '10 Fourrier

Some brief notes:

2009 Barthod - Les Cras - enticing aromas of red & black fruit. Complex wound up palate that is very concentrated but totally unevolved. Excellent potential.

2005 Barthod - Les Veroilles - much more powerful and forthcoming nose than the '09, with earth and iron.
On the palate, a completely different flavor profile than the Les Cras, with meatier Bonnes Mares flavors.
This is a very elegant and classy wine, approaching GC quality in this vintage.

2010 Fourrier - Gevrey Chambertin - VV - dark berry and earth nose. A flamboyant, highly concentrated wine with great length. Lip smackin’ good. Village wines do not get much better than this.

Thanks Josh. Two top notch producers. Interesting comparison between two vintages and vineyards from Barthod.

interesting notes and in the past few barthod i have had, i have thought of Cras as more “Bonnes Mares” than Véroilles. Cras had density and power like Bonnes Mares, where Véroilles struck me as higher toned / lighter. it was such a dramatic shift when tasting out of barrel as we last sampled Véroilles. maybe more of a vintage difference than vineyard plot where 2009 is much less structured and less dense / powerful than 2005? i know the conventional wisdom is 2005 is a great vintage, but a subtle one it is not. i very much enjoy barthod but i am not versed well enough to understand the vintage nuances on her wines.

Great notes. I really do like Barthod and Les Cras in particular. Have you had the Baudes, and if so, how does it compare to Veroilles? I feel like Baudes is also at the meatier end of Chambolle.