TN: 2016 Clothing Optional Wine Co. (USA, California, Central Coast, Chalone)

• 2016 Clothing Optional Wine Co. - USA, California, Central Coast, Chalone (11/26/2020)
    Man has this got it going on! Banana on the nose, bright acidity, creamy texture, citrus zest, peach pie, some minerality/chalk, more racy acidity. Going in every direction at once. Love it!

Posted from CellarTracker

what’d you wear with it?

Watch it now, there were children in the house.

Sounds tasty. Clicked through to CT to see what was in the blend, but nada. What’s in it?

From Hardy (the winemaker):
Soils: Limestone, Granite, Volcanic
Vine Age: 15-45 yrs
Muscat, Chenin Blanc, Roussanne, Marsanne, Viognier
20 months in barrel, 2 years in bottle
2 1/2 barrels produced

Looking forward to this one! Thanks for the early look, Brian.

Just got an email update on my shipment. Apparently each order includes… (drum roll please)…

A. Tin. Of. Tasty. Mackerel! Lemon caper mackerel to be precise. Genius.

There is still some left to order. The wine that is.

I ordered twice before the email came. I wonder if I’ll get two tins? [whistle.gif]

Thanks Brian for the tasting note!!

I initially was excited to try Mr Wallace’s new project. As I live far away from its point of origin, I had to pass. Natural wines have not shown their best (for me) after suffering the trials of a cross-country sojourn to Shreveport. I am in love with the concept, but will cling to hopes of future Dirty & RowdyFamiliar White” wines to fill the hole in my heart.

Thanks for including this link to Hardy’s video, Dennis!

Got my mackerel yesterday! Can’t wait to try it with the white.

Thanks, Brian! It was great to see you earlier!

The '16 is a super fun and wild white wine. It is 100% Chalone AVA - 50% Antle (now known as Rodnick) Muscat- and 50% Mixed whites (Chenin, Roussanne, Marsane, Vio) from Brosseau. It spent 20 months in neutral barrels, and about 2 1/2 years in bottle. It is unconventional and electric.

The lemon caper mackerel is crazy good with that wine. Orders should start arriving on the W. Coast today / tomorrow and on the E. Coast early next week.

Thanks a ton!