Bottle number 1?

I just opened my six-pack from the Sabelli-Frisch Thanksgiving deal and my bottle of “Milk Fed” Marsanne is numbered 0001/1798. Either this means the number counter at Adam’s label printer malfunctioned and they are all numbered 0001 or else this is the second “numbered” wine I’ve bought were I got bottle number 1, the other being the 2015 Vincent Ledy NSG Les Porets St. Georges VV. I don’t recall ever getting the last bottle in a numbered series.

Of course, what’s inside is, no doubt, identical to what’s in the other 1797 bottles, but I still think it’s pretty cool.

Does anyone else out there pay attention to these things, or have any "bottle 1"s in their cellar?

Someone else had a pic of one of Adam’s wines labeled as #1. He noted that there was a printing issue, so, sorry to say, you aren’t special… grouphug

It’s hard to be sure when you only get one bottle… At least with the Ledy I got three and the other two had different numbers… [thumbs-up.gif]

Bottle #1 of 1957 Bowmore Crashing Waves sold at auction last year for what appears to have been a significant premium. Of course it’s different when only 12 were made and it’s whisky, not wine. But still a fun point of interest.

I’ve noticed low bottle numbers reserved for larger formats. Is this true in most cases?

Always wanted to see a DRC RC 00001.

I opened a 2001 Comte de Vogüé Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru at a restaurant where the sommelier was a friend. Toward the end of the night, there was a good sized pour left so I told him to take the rest of the bottle to share with one of his colleagues. A short while later, he brought the bottle back, thanked me for sharing, and asked if I knew it was bottle #00001. I hadn’t noticed, but that seemed interesting enough that I kept the bottle and asked a friend’s wife to make it into a candle:
E8A6813D-33D1-4CA7-984D-9863811DF276.jpeg

i bought a 6 pack of de vogue amoureuses 2005 on release from a store in idaho of all places. numbers 1 - 6 (with however many zeros in front of each). always found it odd that the first ones off the line ended up in idaho.

edit - wow mike! our posts crossed. how odd.

You mean Lindeman’s Bin 65 isn’t special??? [snort.gif]

I suppose this depends at least in part on whether any large formats were bottled at all, and also on whether large formats are numbered separately. On the old Mouton labels, for example, it says that all the bottles are numbered 1 through XXXXX, all the mags are labeled M1 through MXXXX, etc.

One of my bottles of 2009 Vogue Chambolle 1er Cru is 00007. Bond with extra zeros. :wink:

BobSenn, LosOlivos W&S Emporium,
Was so proud the he had Invoice #1 from QupeWnry, hand lettered by BobLindquist, that he had it framed & on display just inside his front door.
Tom

Sorry Dave, it’s a printing error unfortunately! I’ve been handwriting on them to correct that, but must have missed yours. Your number is out of 2600 bottles made.

[cheers.gif]

The Great Sabelli-Frisch Bottling Debacle of 2020

[wow.gif]

I had bottle #2 and #55,865 out of 55,865 of the NV Heitz Cellar Cabernet Sauvignon Lot NV 46 Bottled in 1978
at one point!

How was it?

11 years ago…still have the #02 in the cellar.

Posted from CellarTracker