Non-wine wine related gifts for the seasons

Hi All. I know that that title is a mouthful. I was wondering what gifts, knickknacks, corckscrews, glasses, etc you would suggest for people to buy for the wine lovers in their lives. We all have bottles of wine we love, but it is also awesome to see other wine related items that help us enjoy our favorite beverage. Thanks for sharing!

Truffles!

Truffles are always an excellent choice for the food lovers Ethan. I tend to forget about them though. Nice suggestion.

Someone who drinks mature wines might benefit from a Durand as a gift.

I’ve given this book to some American lovers of European wines - it’s a very nicely made pronunciation guide for all things in European wine.

https://www.amazon.com/Pronounce-French-German-Italian-Names/dp/1932253335/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1

The Judgment of Paris by George Taber is a great read for a wine lover, including non-geek ones.

This is the perfect kind of thing I was looking for. The book is something I would have never thought of. Thank so much for sharing Chris.

I have read the Judgement of Paris and loved it. Great read.

Glasses: Anything by Glasvin. They’ve replaced my Zaltos for home usage! I love them for wine and beer. There are promo codes (you can ask David Kong if you need help): https://glas.vin/

Corkscrew: Durant is perfect for someone who has wines 12-15+ years old. Pricy, but sexy.

Decanter: Riedel Vivant. Works perfectly, priced well, and easy to clean. I like the Amadeo or Ultra Decanter, but those are a pain to maintain.

Book: As a basic gift, I found World Atlas of Wine much more enjoyable than Wine Bible. For someone more seasoned, Jasper Morris’ Inside Burgundy series is fantastic.

Great idea Curtis!

When I first got into wine I bought the World Atlas of Wine and decided to become “an expert” on regions, varietals, etc. After about of month of reading every night I decided that the the knowledge is very helpful, but it doesn’t mean a ton unless I am experiencing more wines. I decided to drink more and read less [cheers.gif] . I still value the knowledge, but experience is much more valuable to me.

I will definitely be picking up that decanter. It goes against the giving season, but I have been looking for a reason to get a new decanter.

Pretty much anything from D’Artagnan.