TN: 2015 Mending Wall Petite Sirah Palisades Vineyard

• 2015 Mending Wall Petite Sirah Palisades Vineyard - USA, California, Napa Valley, Calistoga (12/2/2020)
    14.7% abv. Dark as night, very aromatic. High octane, wildly intense, powerful and sexy. Ripe plum, black pepper, white flowers, a classic and exceptional Petite. Goes on and on … should improve and then hold for years. Crazy stuff. (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I remember this wine, specifically, from our tasting there - by far their best wine, and one of the best CA Petit Sirahs I’ve had for as long as I can remember, particularly young.

Petite gets a bad name … but when you get your hands on a good one there is nothing like it. In a good way!

terrific wine and value

Palisades is the best PS vineyard on the planet.

Did it suffer fire damage?

York Creek may find you in a dark alley to discuss…long term Cumulus and Third Twin vineyards may argue…but I agree 100% it is a stellar vineyard.

agreed wholly.

What airation did you give it? Seems like the kind of wine that might need a 24hr decant.

Bill, the wine was opened about seven hours prior to pouring. No extensive decant, it was running on 12 cylinders from the get-go.