2018 Chimere

Offer hit this afternoon. Any insights on the 18 vintage of this mythical beast? Any reviews or insights would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Lucas

Hmmm…winebid pricing is getting pretty darn close to release prices? I remember when these could fetch 2k?
Wish they would change up the label…it’s getting a little boring for a Manfred wine! [wink.gif]

received the offer. I don’t recall ever being offered this before, and I’ve been on the SQN list for something like 15 years now, not sure how this works. In any case, I’m passing, if anyone wants my allocation of a single Mag @$600+shipping, please let me know.

Is the offer based upon SQN list membership or do you need to register interest elsewhere? I would probably buy once just to know what is on the other side of the road, but am happy just reading a note every now and then too.

fred

This was a separate sign up from SQn so , interesting that you woukd be offered this without any prior request. Price has gone up a bit this year and, as noted, is available on the aftermarket and CC at no delta. Times are changing. Per Jeb, 18 is another in the string of strong vintages in the S. Rhone.

pretty sure I never signed up (I mean, late evening buzzed signup’s aren’t entirely out of the question, of course), but I have no record of signing up. And the offer is direct from SQN, is that normal for this particular offer?

I never signed up but got an offer today. Been on the SQN list for years

Sounds like a trend. I remember signing up based on a rumor on a wine board, probably here, and it was limited to hundreds, perhaps 600. First vintage was selling for 3-4x.

It was the Squires board and the 10 was 380 mags.

Im interested. Sent you DM

I’ve been on since the start but I’m going to have to think this one over. Double shipping plus tax makes this more like $750-800 after all is said and done for me.

I have one available. Pick up in Charlotte only.

I do commend the pricing as the first vintage(2010) was offered at $575, and now 2018 still at $600.

I absolutely love this wine. Really something special if you like CdP.

1 Like

I received the offer for the 1st time also.
Taking a pass.

I’ve been on the list since 08’ and I believe the 2010 Chimere and subsequent vintages were offered to me as a loyal SQN list member. I don’t remember signing up elsewhere.

Must be a lot of passes on this one, as I got my wish list request fir a second bottle.

I missed the email, but got the call about the window closing. It was also my first time being offered, but I had just decided to take my Third
Twin allocation. Between SQN, NOK and TT, my budget is already strained. I would have bought when it was first released, and there was
no NOK or TT, but I can’t swing it now.

I’m just going to tell myself that now you have my allocation Jim , Enjoy!

Thank you. I will treat it appropriately. Happy holidays.