TN: N.V. Krug Champagne Brut Grande Cuvée Edition 168eme

Such wonderful clarity here. There are notes of citrus blossom, fresh lemon, brioche, white peach and aniseed. It is intense and rich, with a crystalline quality. There’s finesse and complexity and such a beautiful line of balancing acidity. The finish is chalky and super-long.

yeah, sucked down an equally good 1/2 bottle, though I am not as articulate describing it. Damn good.

Inspired me to open a half bottle today as well. Excellent as always.

Jeremy will laugh at the idea of it, but if you open a bottle try to save some for next day.

The sheet of acids mellow a bit and you are left with sheer deliciousness… to use a very formal term!

Awesome. It’s so good. I’m excited to follow this, the 164, and the 165 over the coming years and decades. It’s been a great run.

I’ve only just stopped laughing at the idea of a half bottle, Matthew.

Yeah…Krug half bottles seem like this to me!

1 Like

How is 164e progressing? Has the high acidity mellowed?

This is a great note, spot on. I love this wine. For my taste drinking the best of the recent grand cuvees, although I haven’t had it recently.

Opened a bottle on Thanksgiving day with a few friends. Unlike any champagne I’ve had before. Disclaimer: Still a bit of a newbie with respect to Champagne in general.

However, the notes of toasted almonds(?), lemon, and chalkiness, made this feel more like a chablis to me. I absolutely loved it.

In other words, dammit, I’m hooked…thank goodness I have 2 more bottles to stare at (impatiently).